Amaya Bonner commits to Cal!

2,481 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wvitbear
bearwbbfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?

LegoBear
Go Bears! Good job to Charmin and staff.
wbbilluminati
YASSSSSSSSS!!!!!

This is huge. She was already such an important target for us, but she's had a buzz and I suspect she'll be shooting up the rankings.

I'm so excited! Obviously Charmin signed some great talent from 2020 but to get this local star is great!

We love to see it!
Schroeder71
Great news! I saw her play against Mitty in 2019 and she was BOD's best player. Amaya is ultra-athletic young lady. GO BEARS!
wvitbear
Number one recruit in the 2022 class in Northern Cal. Saw her play against Mira last year when BOD played Miramonte. Needs to improve on outside shooting.
GATC
Great news.
stu
Excellent! Great for Amaya and great for Cal!
LegoBear
Nice welcome.

annarborbear
We are still looking for someone to fit in the 3 slot. Those are hard to find. Hope that she can develop in that direction. Top 60 players are needed wherever you can find them to compete in PAC12 these days. A major success here.
CalFanatic
Keeping the top player in Nor Cal home is always huge. Also had top 25 offers from SEC, PAC-12, etc
HoopDreams
unclear how good her shot is, but she can get to the rim and finish

when she goes left she often tries to square up and shoot right handed, but there was another shot video I saw of her where she finished with her left so she's probably worked on and improved that

by the time she reaches Cal she will probably be able to score with either hand quite well

definitely a good get from a top program

annarborbear
One thing I like about this is that Charmin closed the deal even after her recruiting coordinator had left. A coordinator can get doors open, but those people do come and go. Charmin is the rock we are building on.
puget sound cal fan
Bonner and Ortiz will be strong additions for the Bears.
wvitbear
We have always recruited well from BOD. Both in mens basketball and womens. Not so with Mitty. Mixed with St. Mary's of Stockton.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.