Transfer Portal

2,622 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Baygbear
Ashfield63
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alaysia Styles(Cal & Maryland) is the 7th player to transfer to Syracuse. She will join her friend Naje Murray(SJS & Texas Tech). They entered the portal as Grad Transfers. Syracuse lost 12 players to the Transfer Portal. Their roster for the 2021-2022 is now complete. Their 6-7 center, Kamillo Cardoza, transferred to South Carolina. She was the ACC Freshman of the Year. Naje Murray's transfer to Cal in 2020 never worked out, and she ended up at Texas Tech for the 2020-2021 season.
GGV
wbbilluminati
that's actually a decent situation for Styles as they obviously are desperate for transfers but up to this point mostly got guards to come in. she'll likely start
puget sound cal fan
...but will she stay?
Ashfield63
This transfer would be her 5th year, right? Styles played three years at Cal, and graduated in Dec. 2020. So would Maryland be her 4th year, and the Covid ruling gives her a fifth year.......
GGV
Baygbear
Per @Raoul_000 Ashley Chevalier (5'7 sophomore) has entered her name into the transfer portal. I really like her game and was wondering if she would come to Cal out of high school but she chose Texas instead.

She's a great on ball defender. I'm really hoping she Cal offers her but my guess is she ends up at USC if she decides to transfer to the Pac-12. She's from Chatsworth and UCLA is just loaded at the guard position for the future so I don't imagine her becoming a Bruin.

SFCALBear72
Baygbear said:

Per @Raoul_000 Ashley Chevalier (5'7 sophomore) has entered her name into the transfer portal. I really like her game and was wondering if she would come to Cal out of high school but she chose Texas instead.

She's a great on ball defender. I'm really hoping she Cal offers her but my guess is she ends up at USC if she decides to transfer to the Pac-12. She's from Chatsworth and UCLA is just loaded at the guard position for the future so I don't imagine her becoming a Bruin.

Maybe Karisma Ortiz (Texas grad transfer) can give her some insight into the benefits of being a Bear and playing for Charmin. Couldn't hurt.
wbbilluminati
She's family with Gennifer Brandon as someone explained here before so I imagine the door will be open for her even though we certainly have great guards already. USC also makes sense as it sounds she wants to be closer to family or maybe LMU.
HoopDreams
wbbilluminati said:

She's family with Gennifer Brandon as someone explained here before so I imagine the door will be open for her even though we certainly have great guards already. USC also makes sense as it sounds she wants to be closer to family or maybe LMU.
Baygbear
Ya, I had mentioned that before but I couldn't find the post where I wrote about it. I don't remember the full story, although I know Gennifer talked about it when she was at Cal. Ashley's mom, who was Gennifer's high school coach, took in (I'm not sure if they were adopted) Gennifer and her sister because their family situation wasn't the best.

It's truly a great family story and I am so happy for the Brandon's and Ms. Chevalier. Michele Chevalier is a great coach who trains a lot of young women who end up going to play in college.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.