amanda muse

2,788 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by coachdeke
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sophomore at Heritage High School doing well this season. I think we should recruit her. Sister was the top rated recruit in the 2020 class. I think she will be even better.
3Cats4CAL
Do most siblings end up going to the same college ?
Chabbear
At Stanford they do: The basketball Lopez Brothers did and now the Begovich Brothers. In Volleyball they claim that "23 brothers and sisters have played on Cardinal teams". https://stanfordmag.org/contents/siblings-who-spike

SFCALBear72
Chabbear said:

At Stanford they do: The basketball Lopez Brothers did and now the Begovich Brothers. In Volleyball they claim that "23 brothers and sisters have played on Cardinal teams". https://stanfordmag.org/contents/siblings-who-spike

Given that this is a WBB board, you might want to reference the Ogwumike sisters who played basketball at that Palo Alto school...Nneka and Chiney.
ClayK
Amanda Muse is rated higher than her older sister, and I agree. She is a P5 player and would be a good get for Cal.

Sooner or later, Cal needs to sign some locals who prove to be Pac-12 starters or better ... Jordan Lee at St. Mary's of Stockton would be another very good recruit to sign.
wvitbear
I mentioned Lee in another post. Saw Muse a year ago and liked her.

We did get a verbal from the top rated player in the 2022 class in Amaya Bonner, and Mia Mastrov was the second rated player in the 2021 class.

Muse's sister went to Boise State I believe. The question about siblings didn't mention which sex. Was some thought that Sabrina and her brother went to Oregon (although it wasn't true), so we can mention Sabrina but not her brother.
wbbilluminati
Amanda Muse ranked #34 in the country with ESPN's recent update for 2023: http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2023

From 2022, Pinewood's guard Elle Ladine ranked #75: http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/247018/elle-ladine

Boise State has been very impressive but I doubt the younger Muse will follow big sis (who was ranked just inside the top 100) there.

coachdeke
Chabbear said:

"TheBegovich brothers" we're walk ons. The Butler bothers didn't, neither did the Asomugha brothers in football or the Bea brothers in crew. But, I will say Furd has nabbed literally every son/daughter of a Cal water polo player with the exception of Charlie Steffens. It literally makes me nauseous.
LegoBear
In men's basketball we had the Wilkes brothers among scholarship players. Don't recall any sisters, we missed out on the Paris twins.
wvitbear
We had a brother sister combination during Horstmeyer's reign. I believe her name was Latasha O'Keith and her brother played on the football team. Can't remember his first name. I think they were from Long Beach Poly or maybe Crenshaw or maybe Narbonne. somewhere down south.
Baygbear
There was also Maddy Kerr on the volleyball team for 4 years and her brother, Nick, was a transfer from USD on the men's basketball team.
OBear073akaSMFan
Not basketball but this year you had the Smoot sisters, one in BVB and the other in Track.
3Cats4CAL
Plus the 2 older Samuelsons and the current Hulls. And the Saballys to Oregon.
LegoBear
RB Marcus O'Keith. Didn't know he had a sister.

wvitbear said:

We had a brother sister combination during Horstmeyer's reign. I believe her name was Latasha O'Keith and her brother played on the football team. Can't remember his first name. I think they were from Long Beach Poly or maybe Crenshaw or maybe Narbonne. somewhere down south.
coachdeke
LegoBear said:

RB Marcus O'Keith. Didn't know he had a sister.

wvitbear said:

Latasha is the reason Marcus came to Cal. Neuheisel was at Washington and really wanted him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.