Eliza Pierre...

2,630 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearBint
bearwbbfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...is reportedly being hired as an assistant coach at Cal. One of my favorite defenders during her playing days here.

Here is her UCSB bio, where she is currently an assistant: https://www.ucsbgauchos.com/sports/w-baskbl/coaches/ElizaPierre?view=bio
Schroeder71
I bumped into Lindsay Gottlieb and Eliza Pierre approximately three years ago when they were scouting Haley Jones at Archbishop Mitty HS in San Jose. It was the Monarch's senior season. They were sitting one row below
me in the bleachers on the visitor's side of the gym. When Gottlieb got the USC job, it crossed my mind that she might hire her close friend, Pierre. I agree that she was a great defensive player...GO BEARS!
puget sound cal fan
I didn't recall Eliza was a MacDonald AA in her recruitment to Cal. I do recall she was a very disruptive defender. I wonder if Charmin beat Lindsay to the punch with Eliza's hire?
BearBint
What good news--I feel much more cheerful all of a sudden.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
wbbilluminati
puget sound cal fan said:

I didn't recall Eliza was a MacDonald AA in her recruitment to Cal. I do recall she was a very disruptive defender. I wonder if Charmin beat Lindsay to the punch with Eliza's hire?
Yup, Eliza, Tierra Rogers, DeNesha Stallworth, and Gen Brandon all McD's AA's. Layshia was a WBCA AA game participant that year as well.
wbbilluminati
This makes a lot of sense, I'm surprised I didn't think of her before as a likely candidate.
UrsineMaximus
So does the hiring of Kelly mean that Pierre is no longer a candidate? We only had one vacancy, right?
BearBint
The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of Eliza, our favorite guard, teaching young Cal players how to play defense.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.