New 2023 Offer: Sayvia Sellers; 5'7 PG

2,095 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wbbilluminati
SFCALBear72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sayvia Sellers plays point guard for Anchorage Christian School in Anchorage, Alaska. She is also a part of #JasonKiddSelectGBB

Her team won the state's 3A Girls Basketball Championship in March...their 4th consecutive state title. In this year's game, Sayvia had quite the stat sheet:

13 points
6 assists
2 rebounds
6 steals
stu
From the Alaska Sports Hall of Fame:

Anchorage basketball player Sayvia Sellers was named Alaska Athlete of the Week after her spectacular performance in leading Anchorage Christian Schools to the 3A state championship. The sophomore guard scored 41 points for the Lady Lions in an opening-round route, connecting on seven 3-pointers. Sellers, who was recently named first-team all-state, followed her high-scoring effort up with two brilliant all-around games, logging 9 steals, 8 assists to go with 15 points against Kotzebue and 13 points, 6 steals, 6 assists in the championship game against Sitka.

Don't sleep on Alaska. Ruthy Hebard was great at Oregon and is now in the WNBA.
puget sound cal fan
Didn't the Bears pursue Hebard?
wbbilluminati
puget sound cal fan said:

Didn't the Bears pursue Hebard?
IIRC, not really b/c they were fine with just signing CJ West for posts that year so my understanding is she was the only big truly pursued that year. Remember, Gottlieb's recruiting philosophy was VERY different from both her predecessor and successor at Cal.
wbbilluminati
I'd read her name quite a few times before, my understanding is that she's legit as good as her ranking (#39 by ESPN) and despite being from Alaska has been on many coaches' radars for a while.

I did not realize she played for the Kidd AAU team, so that's exciting and I imagine a good sign as far as our chances in recruiting her.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.