News of Ashley Walker

1,694 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wbbilluminati
BearBint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm very sad that Ashley's pro basketball career has apparently ended; she will always be one of my favorite Cal players, one who automatically improved any overseas team lucky enough to sign her. On the other hand: https://www.uagc.edu/blog/ashley-walker-success-story

https://goterriers.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/coaches/ashley-walker/6715
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
puget sound cal fan
Perfect preparation for returning to coach at Cal. Ashley was until recently the Bears' WBB Program career rebounding leader, in addition to being a leading scorer. She was a dominant PF at 6'2". She played on a Cal team that owned the boards. She's exactly the kind of person who could spark the Cal program. Good luck to Ashley on the start of what will surely be a successful coaching career.
SFCALBear72
Coach Smith needs to get Boston University on an upcoming schedule...for a home game!!

Congratulations, Ashley!!
wvitbear
Ashley was really 5'11" tall. Even more impressive.
wifeisafurd
wvitbear said:

and she turned herself into a prolific scorer in her senior season. One of my favorite Bears!
BearBint
wvitbea said:

I was kind of astonished the first time I stood near A.W. and realized that she wasn't much taller than I. Such superb vertical skills--I have a photograph of her tipping off in which you'd swear she was part jackrabbit.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
wbbilluminati
I hope Ashley has an amazing career as a coach!

BU is an interesting place to start. Obviously not a basketball powerhouse, though the prior coach was an assistant from UConn before moving up to score a P5 job in Wisconsin recently. The current coach i recall the name from her playing days (around Ashley's time) at Notre Dame, post player Melissa D'Amico.

Ashley's got the whole package and I think the sky's the limit for her in coaching!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.