Media Day tomorrow

1,064 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Schroeder71
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Daniels, McIntosh, and Smith to Appear at Pac-12 Media Days - University of California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

I reviewed all of the rosters of all dozen teams and they are absolutely loaded w/ talent. Several teams have three or four transfers plus their respective recruit classes. Most of the senior talent has returned. Some teams even list their players in the same year in college as last season. Stanford only has 12 team members whereas most teams have 14,15 or 16 players. Foreign recruiting has gone off the charts. I would guess that the Aussies make up the largest contingent in the conference.

The only two teams that didn't super impress me were ASU & Utah. One must investigate each college transfer and see if they were bigtime "difference" makers. It is hard to know how good Cal can be with the injured trio of guards returning and one new recruit & two transfers. It had better be significant if the Bears hope to win some Pac 12 games. Charmin Smith also has to get the team to defeat the local non-conference teams that we lost to last season to earn a modest level of respect in the women's basketball world. Cal needs to be able to recruit and get quality transfers like most of the rest of conference to move up in the pecking order...

I don't approve of the philosophy of intra-conference transfers! Oregon now has the top scorer from USC. This likely forced Taylor Chavez to transfer back to her home state of Arizona to the Wildcats. This could get out of hand quickly if this is not prohibited. GO BEARS!
SFCALBear72
Coaches poll has us finishing last. Nowhere to go but up, Bears! Prove them wrong!
3Cats4CAL
I notice that you never see Cal and Stanford players transferring to other Pac-12 schools.
UrsineMaximus
Coach Smith trains Muay Thai!! I trained and competed for seven years, this is a tough sport!! For those that may not know, Muay Thai is the national sport of Thailand. Much respect to Coach Smith for competing in her first fight ~ that is a major accomplishment. I tried to find the fight on YouTube but couldn't locate it, if anyone has it please post it, ty in advance.

The ladies represented Cal well today. Go Bears!!
Schroeder71
https://calbears.com/news/2021/10/11/womens-basketball-cal-2021-22-schedule-finalized.aspx

Here's the conference schedule. Cal plays seven teams both home and away and four teams only once. The surprising two teams that the Bears only face one-time are UCLA & USC in lala land. The other pair of schools are Arizona & ASU that will be visiting Berkeley. Cal does get the duos of Washington/Washington State plus Utah/Colorado both home and away. The Bears might have an opportunity to be competitive in some of these games.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.