OT-Cal needs to put a game together like Utah did last night (link)

1,366 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HoopDreams
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Women's Basketball vs Cal State Fullerton on 12/10/2021 - Box Score - University of Utah Athletics (utahutes.com)

Utah (7-2) has to be the most improved team in the conference that can upset anyone. The Utes hit 15 threes out of 31 attempts last night and blewout Cal State-Fullerton, 100-45. CSF entered the game with a 5-3 record and was dominated in every phase of the game. The most impressive stat for the season is 181 assists (20.1/g) compared to 120 turnovers (13,3/g) in nine games. Wow.

2021-2022 University of Utah Women's Basketball (PDF) - University of Utah Athletics (utahutes.com)

Utah has couple of new players that I do not recognize this season. Their #1 & #3 scorers are freshmen from Minnesota: F Jenna Johnson (6-2) & G Gianna Kneepkens (5-11). The latter was just voted Freshman of the Week.

I would love to see Cal crush an opponent like McNeese State or Cal Poly by a 30-40 point margin on our home court so that the Bears feel as if they can upset any Pac 12 team in Berkeley. GO BEARS!
SFCALBear72
We beat USF by 29 (who then went on to beat Gottlieb's $c team in LA) and Utah State by 32.
Your point?
Schroeder71
Cal is very much improved, too. Both teams are picked in the bottom half of the Pac 12. The 3rd weekend of the Pac 12 season, Cal will travel to the Rocky Mountains and face Utah (7-2) & Colorado (9-0). I just want the Bears to be the most prepared as possible to face these teams. I guess that I would like to see our defense play better and would like our 4 to 5 post players to step up their respective games & outplay their counterparts. GO BEARS!
Schroeder71
Exactly what the doctor ordered: Cal 102, McNeese State 60. Bears dominate the Cowgirls by 42! GO BEARS!
stu
Schroeder71 said:

Exactly what the doctor ordered: Cal 102, McNeese State 60. Bears dominate the Cowgirls by 42! GO BEARS!
The Cowgirl defense was horrible. If it had been a rodeo none of them could have stayed on top of a dead calf.
GATC
Schroeder71 said:

Women's Basketball vs Cal State Fullerton on 12/10/2021 - Box Score - University of Utah Athletics (utahutes.com)

Utah (7-2) has to be the most improved team in the conference that can upset anyone. The Utes hit 15 threes out of 31 attempts last night and blewout Cal State-Fullerton, 100-45. CSF entered the game with a 5-3 record and was dominated in every phase of the game. The most impressive stat for the season is 181 assists (20.1/g) compared to 120 turnovers (13,3/g) in nine games. Wow.

2021-2022 University of Utah Women's Basketball (PDF) - University of Utah Athletics (utahutes.com)

Utah has couple of new players that I do not recognize this season. Their #1 & #3 scorers are freshmen from Minnesota: F Jenna Johnson (6-2) & G Gianna Kneepkens (5-11). The latter was just voted Freshman of the Week.

I would love to see Cal crush an opponent like McNeese State or Cal Poly by a 30-40 point margin on our home court so that the Bears feel as if they can upset any Pac 12 team in Berkeley. GO BEARS!

I saw Utah lose to BYU by 5. Utah's offensive is impressive, especially Kneepkens. Their perimeter defense not so hot. They just couldn't stop BYU's 3 's. They are going to be tough.
HoopDreams
McNeese was way undersized in the post

They had bigger players on the bench but I don't think they ever played

I like how Sela uses her height

She puts her hands straight up, and when she rebounds or catches the ball she keeps it high

stu said:

Schroeder71 said:

The Cowgirl defense was horrible. If it had been a rodeo none of them could have stayed on top of a dead calf.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.