Cal v McNeesh Cowboys? Game thread

3,229 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by GoBears635
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
3 Bears in sweats + Ortiz

(I guess they call the McNeese WBB players cowgirls)
HoopDreams
Curry's shot is so pure

So is Jazzy's

Mia, Leilani, and Alma's form also look good but their off hand isn't quite there (e.g. Leilani brings her off hand down too quickly)

Of course results matter and many great shooters don't have the textbook form

HoopDreams
This could be a blowout and our posts should score alot
stu
Cailyn not availa ble.
HoopDreams
Samb also out

Daniels with 2 great passes to Michelle, and Michelle also has 3+ blocks
HoopDreams
Daniels needs to tell herself all game to shoot higher on her jumpers

But nice drive and score
polarbear
What happened to Crocker and Samb?
stu
McNeese first FG with 1:20 left in the first quarter.

Alma playing.
HoopDreams
Mia's getting open looks but just not dropping

She is a good defender

I like Alma, very fundamental
stu
Sela coming in!
HoopDreams
Heide's first action this season!

Hopefully Muca gets some good PT also
gljone
Daniel's not taking the last shot of 1Q cost Cal 3 pts. That bad decision against a better opponent would be could be fatal.

Heide in...have to see how mobile she is.
stu
Sela still looks fundamentally sound. Hope to see more of her and Alma.
HoopDreams
Daniels is so athletic, and she really worked on her shooting form as you can see it when she is practicing FTs

But in the game her form is all over the place and she still shoots too flat

Once she smooths that out she will be the player we thought she will be
stu
McNeese shooting 15%. The only worrying stat is rebounds are close. Also we're missing our threes. But we already have 12 assists.
HoopDreams
Curry is a great player

Shooting, passing, defense
gljone
McNeese jumped up to 17.5 FG%. Cal is in trouble
annarborbear
Work in progress on Daniels shooting form. But the fact that she has changed it on free throws, and is making them, bodes well for other future changes.
stu
After a barrage of threes NcNeese is still down 32.. We need to tighten up our perimetry D.
ncbears
My "live stats" has stopped working -
But, Charmin still coaching as the Bears give up some threes and she calls time (73-41 Cal lead) still in the third.

The Cal Cab bit was great.
HoopDreams
Muca with back to back threes

Her first one hit front rim, bounced and went down

That's one thing a high arc does for you
stu
After Charmin put back two starting guards our D suddenly got a lot better. Ornella has hit 2 threes.
ncbears
Bears respond to the time out with defensive stops/steals and scores on their own.

stu
We just got treated to the Dalayah and Michelle show - they play so well together.

Alma getting a rest but she looked quick and strong.
ncbears
102-60 palms of victory
for whomever was asking for a large scoring margin win, I hope they are satisfied
annarborbear
ESPN stats are also screwed up, but I like how they show us having scored 47 points in the third quarter.
Schroeder71
Cal Live Stream is terrible and today the Live Stats stopped working in the second half. I have had difficulty with the live stream during several games. Today if one clicked to enlarge the picture to the entire screen, a commercial for Jimmy Kimmel's LA Bowl would come on every time. I was unable to watch the entire screen for the entire game. The USF game with their coverage was the best that I have seen this season. C'mon Cal upgrade your services for your fans. GO BEARS!
HoopDreams
This is what I mean by Jazzy's shot so pure

HoopDreams said:

Curry's shot is so pure

So is Jazzy's

Mia, Leilani, and Alma's form also look good but their off hand isn't quite there (e.g. Leilani brings her off hand down too quickly)

Of course results matter and many great shooters don't have the textbook form

Finnish Oski
Fun game. It's nice to witness a total blow out once in awhile. Everybody who was healthy played and not just token minutes, also everyone who played scored. It was clear that Charmin wasn't happy with some of the Bears' defense play in the second half and their outside shooting was off in the first half, but it's hard for fans to quibble with a 42-point win and the home team topping the century mark. Good to see Alma and Muca, Sela play well, regardless of the opposition. Speaking of which, that was one of the worst teams I've seen in recent years.
stu
I think Evelien and Jadyn help our perimeter defense by handling screens well and by being able to defend guards when they switch. Dalayah and Michelle have the tools to do as well but don't yet have the experience. I don't think Sela and Fatou should stray too far from the basket.

The ESPN stats do look weird but they show us with 17 assists to only 5 turnovers. If the final stats are anywhere close to those numbers I'm thrilled!
GoBears635
Schroeder71 said:

Cal Live Stream is terrible and today the Live Stats stopped working in the second half. I have had difficulty with the live stream during several games. Today if one clicked to enlarge the picture to the entire screen, a commercial for Jimmy Kimmel's LA Bowl would come on every time. I was unable to watch the entire screen for the entire game. The USF game with their coverage was the best that I have seen this season. C'mon Cal upgrade your services for your fans. GO BEARS!
Live stats weren't working at Haas Pavilion either. For a good bit of the 3rd quarter, they showed Jazzy with no points when she had already hit at least one three pointer and she wasn't even IN the game.
GATC
stu said:

We just got treated to the Dalayah and Michelle show - they play so well together.

Alma getting a rest but she looked quick and strong.

They really do. They pass to each other like they have been playing together for a long time. They are both good shot blockers and if they can keep from fouling, they are quite formidable.

Alma fits in well. Her 3 point shot surprised me (barely missed on the first and swish on the second). In practice and in warm ups her three point shooting hasn't looked good.

We had 6 guards and 5 bigs play without too much of a drop off and that is not counting Cailyn and Fatou. It's amazing how third stringers can come in and fit right in and play with confidence. Charmin was coaching every minute and kept the intensity up even when we were up by 40. I have to say McNeese played hard. Have to give them a lot of credit. Also nice to see a game where the refs don't take over the game and kept it fair.
BearBint
polarbear said:

Not sure about Samb, but during the second half I sat next to a player's mom who seemed to know the team quite well; she said Crocker's sitting out two or three games--more of a tweak than an injury.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
SFCALBear72
BearBint said:

polarbear said:

Not sure about Samb, but during the second half I sat next to a player's mom who seemed to know the team quite well; she said Crocker's sitting out two or three games--more of a tweak than an injury.
Thanks for the update on Cailyn. When she walked to center court to huddle with her teammates at the end of the game, you could tell she had a very slight limp.

Ornela and Alma greatly benefited from Cailyn sitting out. They both got early playing time and made the most of their minutes with some confident shooting. This will pay dividends down the road.
BearBint
HoopDreams said:

"This is what I mean by Jazzy's shot [being] so pure."

Oh, that is pretty. She looks so balanced.

"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.