Pac-12 Cumulative Home Record

1,472 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by GATC
dbush518
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Every team has an overall winning record and the teams are a combined 52-8 at home. How significant that is, I don't know
wvitbear
Which makes Stanford's record amazing. Have played nothing but top 25 teams all on the road. Lost games when their best player didn't play and was recovering.
Ashfield63
wvitbear said:

Which makes Stanford's record amazing. Have played nothing but top 25 teams all on the road. Lost games when their best player didn't play and was recovering.

I went to the Texas game at Stanford. Texas players have muscle, and are quick. Texas won, and I do not know if they were in the top 25 at the time. I sat in full site of the Texas bench. Their coach. Vic Shafer is on the court the entire game ranting and raving. He did not stop yelling at his players the entire game. One time he was saying .....Dummy........in disdain. His behavior made for an unpleasant experience for me. Tara was gracious about the loss when she spoke to the crowd. The National Championship rings were given out after the game. I think Stanford is returning to online classs after the Christmas break due to Covid. I wonder what that means for the basketball teams staying on campus.
bobbk
Students will be on campus at Stanford but classes on line for two weeks.
Ashfield63
bobbk said:

Students will be on campus at Stanford but classes on line for two weeks.

Thank you.......
CalFanatic
Does a breakeven Pac-12 record get us into the tournament? Thoughts? Feeling confident this team can sweep/pick up 4 wins against the Washington's.... will be a battle otherwise.
stu
IMHO every conference game will be a battle.
GATC
stu said:

IMHO every conference game will be a battle.

Definitely. I don't think we are favored in any away games and only favored in 6 home games. This is out of 18 conference games. We are going to have to play well against the right teams. If we play well against to good teams and poorly against the weaker teams we will lose all the games.

I watched the end of the Stanford game and was surprised that they did not play smart at the end of the game. With a minute or so left Anna Wilson set a horrible moving screen that a freshman would not make that cost them a critical possession then Stanford with the ball with about 16 seconds left and down 1, Cameron Brink takes a fall away jumper with 16 seconds left and missed badly. Then down two with a few seconds left and Brink ready to intentionally miss her second free throw, Belibi falls into the lane and commits a lane violation. They must have played well to get an 18 point lead at the half against the #1 team in the country, but they were horrible in the second half. I think we lost to them by 40-50 points last year. We should do better this year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.