Cal men's team keeps 100% healthy & dominates ASU, 74-50.

1,457 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CalWSportsFan
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Arizona State was missing one of their posts but Cal somehow kept everyone healthy over the break. Impressive!
https://calbears.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2021-22/arizona-state/boxscore/33304
SFCALBear72
Posted on Women's Basketball forum.
Oh, I get it. It's another slam at Coach Smith and staff.
Good grief.
BearBint
SFCALBear72 said:

Posted on Women's Basketball forum.
Oh, I get it. It's another slam at Coach Smith and staff.
Good grief.
Uh, yeah, perhaps so. I wish our MBB team well, but this is not their forum.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
bearchamp
Slam, if any, should be at the players. They know where the went and if they were careful about Covid, (and obviously weren't). Players Covid is not the fault of the Coaches or Staff, but the players.
SFCALBear72
bearchamp said:

Slam, if any, should be at the players. They know where the went and if they were careful about Covid, (and obviously weren't). Players Covid is not the fault of the Coaches or Staff, but the players.
And how do you know that they weren't careful? To the point where you say, "obviously weren't". Unlucky is more like it.
GATC
SFCALBear72 said:

bearchamp said:

And how do you know that they weren't careful? To the point where you say, "obviously weren't". Unlucky is more like it.

We were unlucky that more players didn't test positive and the game postponed. We were on the PAC-12 network because most of the other games were postponed. Six players were not available for Stanford but they have 18 players so they played.

bearchamp
Avoiding covid is not a matter of luck. Don't go in crowds, don't fly, don't go to restaurants, wear a mask (always). If basketball season is important enough the players will take the necessary precautions to avoid Covid: so far the men have and the women haven't. I suspect if one were to trace on the football players one would find that the players who got sick took chances that many of the healthy players avoided. Works for basketball too.
stu
bearchamp said:

Avoiding covid is not a matter of luck. Don't go in crowds, don't fly, don't go to restaurants, wear a mask (always) ...
Unfortunately my list includes don't attend basketball games while infection rates are high. If it's not safe for the players it's certainly not safe for me since I'm 50 years older.
CalWSportsFan
Harvard is moving forward with games without spectators for a bit…save for a few select "guests."
https://gocrimson.com/news/2021/12/28/general-harvard-athletics-announces-new-indoor-spectator-policy-for-january-term.aspx
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.