https://goducks.com/documents/2022/1/7/12_2_Stanford_80_Oregon_68.pdf

I watched the entire Stanford vs Oregon game last night and the big three of Sabally, Paopao & Rogers all played approximately thirty minutes. The trio will probably be a bit fatigued but they looked good. The three scored 19, 14 & 22 points, respectively. This is not a good matchup for Cal. The Ducks feature too much height and speed for the Bears.

On the assumption that Cal will return Jayda Curry, Dalayah Daniels & Jazlen Green and Oregon will continue this weekend without 6-7 center Sedona Prince, I would expect Oregon to triumph by approximately 80-60. The Bears have nobody that can defend any of these three stars one-on-one. They can drive to the basket for layups or hit from the outside. I also anticipate that the Ducks height will be a major hindrance for the Bear's offense. Oregon stopped Stanford's inside game. Fortunately, the Cardinal hit a dozen threes (12-21), shooting 57% from deep. The Ducks also grabbed 13 offensive rebounds inside. How will the Bears fare better than the Cardinal bigs?

If Cal's stars fail to return in full, the final score could be worse. The stars have not aligned for Cal during these initial two weekends of conference competition. The Bears (if healthy) would have had a competitive chance against Washington or Oregon State (IMO). Instead-both *postpone* and Cal is left with the tougher matchup each weekend. Without freshman guard, Jayda Curry, it's doubtful that Cal can pull-off upsets of any Pac 12 upper division teams. GO BEARS!