Cal Women's Basketball Postpones Thursday and Sunday Contests

2,133 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HoopDreams
MoragaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
BERKELEY California women's basketball's road contests at Utah and Colorado, originally scheduled for Thursday and Sunday, have been postponed due health and safety protocols within the Cal program.

The Bears will work with Utah and Colorado and in conjunction with the Pac-12 Conference office to reschedule the postponed games on a later date.
smh
> ..due health and safety protocols within the Cal program.

No est bien

ncbears
Sigh.
Schroeder71
Cal women for one reason or another cannot field a healthy team (7 players) no matter how many scholarship players are on the roster. The conference season is quickly becoming a joke. I just wish that the coaching staff would have been smart enough to get the Washington State game cancelled, too! I'll throw away the analysis that I was preparing for a non-existent game tomorrow.

Thank goodness for the men's team staying healthy and playing when they are scheduled. GO BEARS!
stu
I don't blame anyone in the program. These days I seldom leave home and when I do I'm extremely careful. I got it anyway. Fortunately it's not a severe case. I'm sure grateful for the vaccines!
BearBint
Bugger. And damn. Ah, well--I'm glad we got to see some live games, and will hope for more. Stay safe out there, everyone.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
SFCALBear72
Schroeder71 said:

Cal women for one reason or another cannot field a healthy team (7 players) no matter how many scholarship players are on the roster. The conference season is quickly becoming a joke. I just wish that the coaching staff would have been smart enough to get the Washington State game cancelled, too! I'll throw away the analysis that I was preparing for a non-existent game tomorrow.

Thank goodness for the men's team staying healthy and playing when they are scheduled. GO BEARS!
Expressing anger and no compassion for these Cal student athletes is pure selfishness. This is college athletics now in the Covid era. Get used to it.

Sorry they inconvenienced you and your game "analyses".
CalWSportsFan
Schroeder71 said:

You make it seem like it's the fault of the players. Give me a break. Omicron is everywhere…great the men's team is ok (so far) but stop with the judgement. Also, nothing about this is a "joke."
HoopDreams
looking at the glass half full ... if we went there without Daniels and Jazzy unavailable, and had to play Colorado in altitude, I don't think it would have gone well

hopefully both will be on the court for the rescheduled game
Ashfield63
I have nothing but compassion for the Cal WBB players. It is amazing to me how they can handle the ups and downs of dealing with injuries and Covid for two seasons. The Pre Season games were terrific as we got to be in Haas with fans and the Straw Hat Band. We were able to watch the Bears play in person! For whatever health and safety reasons, the Cal staff postponed the next two away games, I credit them for their decision to put the student athletes well being first. Cal has an excellent Covid Policy in place for the entire University.
Schroeder71
Yes-my comments were selfish and ill-advised. It is everywhere and is affecting every segment of society. It also
has to be dealt with by every sport. It is interesting how some teams are dealing with the situation much better than others. Sorry. If anything, I was focused on the coaching staffs and the protocols being implemented rather than the athletes. I was wondering about the huge disparity in results in the same league but also the differences in various sports. GO BEARS!
UrsineMaximus
IIRC for the opening week of WBB PAC12 play only 2 teams could fill the minimum requirement to field a team and play (Cal & Wazzu). So, who within the PAC12 WBB programs is doing so much better than Cal? On the men's side there have been numerous postponements as well and there will likely be more. Perhaps Brown (PG for Cal's MBB) has been affected as he did not travel for tonight's game @ Udbub.

I understand that people are frustrated with COVID but the rhetoric is not necessary / applicable in this instant case towards the players or coaches.
CalFanatic
I can honestly say I've done everything right and still somehow got omicron last week (very, very mild... thanks booster!) It's everywhere. Give these athletes a break.
BearBint
S71's analyses are fine, but his (?) other comments tend toward negativity and lack of emotional understanding, which is why I've muted him for years now. (And I'll try, yet again, to ignore his quoted comments that show up in others' posts.)
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
Finnish Oski
Quote:

S71's analyses are fine, but his (?) other comments tend toward negativity and lack of emotional understanding, which is why I've muted him for years now. (And I'll try, yet again, to ignore his quoted comments that show up in others' posts.)
Though I comment infrequently, I really enjoy coming to this forum and reading other posters' thoughts. But I do agree that a certain person is far too negative and prone to anger. These blights offset his often cogent analysis and I've been tempted to mute him as well. Seriously Schroeder, you need to mellow out. Being so upset over losses and cancellations and constantly looking to assign blame is a bad look. Filter that out so we can all enjoy your comments.
Go Bears!
"I'm just here so I won't get fined."
Schroeder71
I'm aware that I am too critical (negative) sometimes and that I can get too emotional (angry). I have addressed the latter by not commenting after a game for 24 hours so that I can be more objective. The analytical side of my nature and career will be nearly impossible to change since I'll be age 73 in March. I appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to mute my posts. Sorry. GO BEARS!
GoBears635
Schroeder71 said:

I'm aware that I am too critical (negative) sometimes and that I can get too emotional (angry). I have addressed the latter by not commenting after a game for 24 hours so that I can be more objective. The analytical side of my nature and career will be nearly impossible to change since I'll be age 73 in March. I appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to mute my posts. Sorry. GO BEARS!
Age has nothing to do with it. If anything, it should give you a broader perspective.
HoopDreams
S71 expresses opinions and can sometimes be overly negative, but I never think his posts are malicious or the type of ugly stuff you see in social media or on this board sometimes

Yeah S71, lighten up a little but no need to get down on yourself

Schroeder71 said:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.