It's official-Utah transfer 6-0 SG Kemery Martin to Cal. (link)

1,745 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by stu
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal Signs Guard Kemery Martn for 2022-23 - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

This former 5-star recruit will help alleviate the pressure put on Jayda Curry. I think with these three transfer additions that the Bears will be a improved team next season. Also, don't forget that a new SG, 6-0 Amaya Bonner, and an injured PG, 6-0 Karisma Ortiz, will return to the court, too. I like the addition of three six foot guards for defense against the three point shooters. GO BEARS!
Ccajon2
Outstanding. We now have decent, dare I say great depth in the backcourt. I see one of the biggest turn-arounds in the history of womens hoops, next year. No more 9-2 OOC then 2-13 conference, that's for sure.
stu
I mostly see more experience than we had last season. Our returning players (except Sela and Karisma) have another year and our incoming players have more than the outgoing players had last season. This should make a big difference in playing together, cleaning up little mistakes, finishing close games, etc.

If we're healthy we should also have more talent and depth. The only position I'm worried about is center, where we need Sela to be healthy and Michelle to stay out of foul trouble. Against smaller teams we should be fine playing forwards but that might not work against our bigger conference opponents.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.