Idaho prediction

3 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Schroeder71
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have not seen the Vandals play. I analyzed last season and their one game this year at Utah. The Utes triumphed by 25 points, but the game was tight at halftime. As a matter of fact, the score at the end of the 1st quarter was 29-29. Idaho lacks size but is loaded with outside shooting. The Vandals return 5 of their eight-player rotation from last year. Two new freshmen and a redshirt frosh joined the rotation vs Utah in their opener.

Women's Basketball vs University of Utah on 11/7/2022 - Box Score - University of Idaho Athletics (govandals.com)

The only way Cal loses if they don't get out and defend the three. The Bears also need to rebound against this team. Idaho has a half dozen legit three-point threats. The Utes killed the Vandals on the boards (60-31) and Utah played without their 6-4 post Peyton McFarland. Idaho's leading scorer, senior Beyonce Bea, 6-1 SF from 2021 went off for 25 in Salt Lake City. She hit 9 of 17 from the floor. The Vandals are height challenged. They have a 6-2 PF, Tiana Johnson, and three other 6-1 forwards. PG Sydney Gandy and PF Tiana Johnson hit 73 & 65 treys, respectively, last season. Ashlyn Wallace chipped in with 32. Two East Bay girls are threats, too. Frosh 6-1 SF, Sarah Brans, from Monta Vista-Danville registered a point per minute (11) while going 4-5 in her first college game. 5-9 sophomore guard, Jordan Allred, from Miramonte tallied six points on a pair of treys.

I predict that Cal will prevail over Idaho by 15 points, 75-60. The only way that they blowout the Vandals by 25-30 is if the Bears dominate the boards. GO BEARS!

Schroeder71
Idaho has open three-point shots whenever they want. Seven treys already in the 1st half. #14Gandy led their team with 72 last season and she is swishing 'em from DEEP. Cal has a big advantage to score inside so should be able to keep up offensively. Charmin Smith needs to switch to a zone to stop the Vandals offense. The Bears are playing very soft defense. Maybe Jayda Curry will awaken for the second half. GO BEARS!
stu
Schroeder71 said:

I predict that Cal will prevail over Idaho by 15 points, 75-60. The only way that they blowout the Vandals by 25-30 is if the Bears dominate the boards. GO BEARS!
Pretty close! We did dominate the boards but not the free throw line.
ncbears
stu said:

Schroeder71 said:

Pretty close! We did dominate the boards but not the free throw line.
Idaho's free throw defense was some of the best I've ever seen.
Schroeder71
Cal has to shoot better at the free throw line if they expect to win close games in conference.
Women's Basketball vs Idaho on 11/16/2022 - Box Score - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

GO BEARS!
Schroeder71
Utah beat Idaho by 25 points. However, tonight #25 Utah annihilated #16 Oklahoma (3-0) by 46 points! Maybe Idaho is a better team than given credit for...GO BEARS!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.