live stream is up

1,485 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by stu
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://pac-12.com/live/university-california
stu
Looks like Claudia got a concussion. Rough game.

Also Amaya is in an ankle boot.
stu
We played a good part of the 2nd quarter with Leilani, Jayda, and Ornela. And Sela got some minutes. We're not shooting well but we're playing hard.

Crowd pretty small as one might expect on a rainy morning. Spirit groups here but no band.
Schroeder71
Their best player, 6-5 Maori Davenport (#23), is not playing. Why is Cal playing 12 players instead of attempting to have a strong game before facing a strong SMU team. Evelien Schipholt is 3 for 11 and has missed five layups or putbacks. Bears have missed 8 layups. Ornela Muca comes in and shoots 0-5. The reserves that have played well have been Bush, Heide and Ortiz. Once again, Cal is not getting to the free throw line (one missed FT). Jayda Curry, Kemery Martin & Mia Mastrov need to drive to the basket more often.

Arkansas Pine Bluff is shooting above its averages. Cal needs to pick up the pace and win going away (IMO).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ARKPB 51, CAL 84 - FINAL (statbroadcast.com)

Cal did play much better in the second half. I predicted an 80-50 outcome. The final score was 84-51. Arkansas Pine Bluff did not have their top player today, however. SMU beat APB earlier this week by 29 points w/ her.
It would appear that Cal will face a tough opponent tomorrow in the Mustangs of Southern Methodist.
stu
Cal now playing 1-3-1 zone. Seems to be confusing APB a bit.
stu
60-30 after three is good enough for me.

Michelle has 4 fouls, at least 2 offensive.
GATC
Schroeder71 said:

Their best player, 6-5 Maori Davenport (#23), is not playing. Why is Cal playing 12 players instead of attempting to have a strong game before facing a strong SMU team. Evelien Schipholt is 3 for 11 and has missed five layups or putbacks. Bears have missed 8 layups. Ornela Muca comes in and shoots 0-5. The reserves that have played well have been Bush, Heide and Ortiz. Once again, Cal is not getting to the free throw line (one missed FT). Jayda Curry & Kemery Martin need to drive to the basket more often.

Arkansas Pine Bluff is shooting above its averages. Cal needs to pick up the pace and win going away (IMO).

It's 60-30 and Charmin is getting a lot of players in which I think is good. We need players to back up rotational players like Amaya and Claudia. Michelle continues to be a fouling machine with 3 offensive fouls (without the ball). She plays like a blocking fullback.
GATC
Another thing - they are playing a game tomorrow. Don't you want to play your starters sparingly.
stu
Jayda has 19 pts, 10 reb, 7 ast.
GATC
Jayda has 19 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists already and hasn't played that much. Michelle just fouled out. At least it was a defensive foul.
Schroeder71
stu & GATC: Jayda Curry did not force her offensive game today. She hit 50% (7-14) from the floor, led the team in rebounding with 10 and led the team in assists (7) on made baskets. She was not far from a triple-double!

The team overall is shooting too many three pointers. Today they shot 39.2 % of their FG attempt from three and only made 24.1% of them. Cal made 25 out of 45 from the floor inside the three-point line for a terrific 55.5% field goal percentage. C'mon, Charmin Smith, wake up and smell the coffee. Jayda and Leilani made 5-10 threes while the rest of the team converted 2 out of 19 (10.5%) trey attempts. As I stated above, the guards need to drive to the basket more for higher percentage shots or to draw fouls (free throws). GO BEARS!
stu
In different games different players can get hot on threes. I'm OK with the attempts as long as they're good looks. I didn't hear any complaints when Kemery and Peanut got hot in previous games.

At home looking at the stats I see we out-rebounded APB 51 to 31. We also led in assists 20 to 4. I think APB played with more energy than skill or cohesion.
Finnish Oski
Quote:

C'mon, Charmin Smith, wake up and smell the coffee
I'm back to ignoring this user. Not worth the occasional insight for this kind of nonsense. Especially the anti-Charmin stuff which he can't seem to wait to share.
Finnish Oski
Anyone know where Bella was? She was nowhere to be seen today.
SFCALBear72
Finnish Oski said:

Quote:

C'mon, Charmin Smith, wake up and smell the coffee
I'm back to ignoring this user. Not worth the occasional insight for this kind of nonsense. Especially the anti-Charmin stuff which he can't seem to wait to share.
I already have. It's the disrespect for this coach and her coaching knowledge/ability which galls me. I called this person out on different wbb thread and was rebuked by another poster for "censoring content".
wvitbear
As far as playing a long bench, they play game tomorrow against z tougher opponent. With two out you not looking to runup the score.

If you are going to practiced your threes, do it against a weak team. People used to criticize Lindsey for going to Anigwa when we knew what she could do.

You have to go to the game to see warmups about who can shoot. Can check their rotations and their release point. Can see if they duplicate it in game time.
SFCALBear72
stu said:

Looks like Claudia got a concussion. Rough game.

Also Amaya is in an ankle boot.

During the press conference, Coach Smith said that "Claudia hit her head and they are letting her rest in order to recover.". I'm guessing that's better news than a concussion.
GATC
Finnish Oski said:

Anyone know where Bella was? She was nowhere to be seen today.

I was looking at the bench to see if Claudia came back and I didn't notice Bella either. This is a game where she would have gotten playing time.
stu
SMU won 84-71 while shooting 61% with 44 rebounds and 21 assists. Less impressive were 17 turnovers and 4 of their 5 starters played 30 or more minutes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.