O.T. #6 Beavers just defeated #3 Tennessee (and at Knoxville)

1,930 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wbbilluminati
BearBint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Entertaining, hard-fought game. I wonder if Rueck can outcoach Mulkey?

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401026253
GOCAL73
He can coach with anyone. Wish we could have someone like him, Tara or Graves at Cal. It's just so awesome watching well coached teams, particularly when they have talent.
carmichaelbear
Tennessee reminded me of Cal
superior athletically but done in by poor shooting and poor decisions
why was the Tennessee guard continually driving to the hoop in the last minute when they were
down by double digits. They should have been shooting threes.
wbbilluminati
I'm guessing Tennessee lets go of Holly Warlick this year. And I wouldn't be surprised if Nikki Caldwell replaces her.

Caldwell has not done much at LSU but a lot of that could be attributed to mediocre recruiting (although form what I've heard, she makes a lot of odd recruiting decisions). At Tennessee she'd inherit 7 underclassmen who were McDonald's All-Americans to work with.

OBear073akaSMFan
wbbilluminati said:

I'm guessing Tennessee lets go of Holly Warlick this year. And I wouldn't be surprised if Nikki Caldwell replaces her.

Caldwell has not done much at LSU but a lot of that could be attributed to mediocre recruiting (although form what I've heard, she makes a lot of odd recruiting decisions). At Tennessee she'd inherit 7 underclassmen who were McDonald's All-Americans to work with.

Caldwell in 3 years at UCLA did fairly well there before leaving for LSU. What was her reason for her eaving UCLA? Money?
BearBint
Caldwell at Tennessee is an interesting idea and, according to rumor, that's why she returned south and east--just to be a little closer to Knoxville.

Did anyone see Warlicks's after-game press conference? She was in full-blown emotional-and-victimized mode, but it was unclear who or what had done the team wrong.
wbbilluminati
LSU was willing (and did) pay a pretty penny for Caldwell (a million). UCLA couldn't realistically compete with that, not even close. Totally guessing here, but I'd say she was making 1/4-1/3 that and UCLA, at best, could have countered 1/2 what LSU offered.

Her recruiting track record is puzzling. But at Tennessee there's a built-in pipe line...I imagine it would be hard for her to mess that up.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.