Destiny Littleton at Texas

4,060 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wbbilluminati
annarborbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
in looking at the Sweet Sixteen teams, I was surprised to see that Destiny Littleton has played in only nine games this year at Texas and was shooting only 22% from the field. Also nowhere to be seen in the tournament. Anyone know if that is an injury problem? She was a huge decommit from USC when Cynthia Cooper left.
ClayK
If you shoot pretty much every time you touch the ball, you're going to rack up a lot of points in high school.

And when you aren't allowed to do that -- and you can't shoot your way out of a few misses -- it's sometimes hard to adjust.
wbbilluminati
I think the pitch for Littleton was that she could be the outside shooting threat missing puzzle piece for the otherwise loaded Longhorns. But despite her scoring exploits at the high school level, it doesn't seem Destiny really fits that role.

Fellow freshman Chasity Patterson is the heir apparent to Brooke McCarty at PG, and sophomore guard Alecia Sutton is way ahead of Littleton in their rotation. They return junior starting guard Lashann Higgs. Plus soph Joyner Holmes and frosh Rellah Boothe are both wing/forward players. I don't know how Destiny will see the floor at Texas next year or even the year after that.

In a 90-39 blowout of Texas Tech on Jan 20th, Littleton did not play for whatever reason.
annarborbear
I guess you never know. I always thought that her senior year stats were quite remarkable - 42.7 ppg to lead the nation, 50% from the field, 41% on three's, 90% free throw shooter, 5.0 assists/pg, 2:1 assist/TO ratio. Maybe her shooting hand is still sore from all of that scoring.
puget sound cal fan
...maybe, she's being guarded now?
annarborbear
puget sound cal fan said:

...maybe, she's being guarded now?
You could be right. Noticed that she also shot poorly in the 2017 McDonalds All-American game, even with those great high school percentages.
willtalk
I watched the world U18 3x3 campionships and she was the player they hyped early on. The thing is that she turned out to be their weak link. She couldn't guard anyone and was really slow on offense as well. It appeared to me that genetics had caught up to her. She was really stocky. Sometimes with women when they mature metabolic changes kick in. Nothing that can really be done that's healthy. I predicted then that she would have problems in college.
tazmaz
Littleton was not impressive in the 2017 McDonald's game which was the first time I saw her. She also looked out of shape at Texas. That 2017 Texas freshman class couldn't get on the floor. Booth #3 (transferred to JC), Patterson #4 and Littleton #33. You have to get at least one player out of this group. I don't see it unless Patterson develops into a good player by her Jr year. I thought it was a bummer when Cal got little out of Gabby (2014 #12).
wbbilluminati
I can be a tough critic of LG when it comes to recruiting, but definitely have to give her credit for securing an early commitment from Kiana Smith out of that class. Destiny Littleton and even Jayda Adams among others were ranked ahead of Kiana Smith until very late in HS, but Kiana definitely looks to have the brightest future after flying under the radar much of HS.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.