Jordan All Star Classic

2,259 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by willtalk
willtalk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Jordan Womens All Star Classic will only be covered by ESPN3 and WATCH-ESPN at 11:30 PST. April 8th.
wvitbear
Am or pm? And is anyone playing we want to see? Rex
SFCALBear72
AM.

McKenzie Forbes is playing in this game.
HoopDreams
didn't see game, and couldn't find any stats
anyone see how Kenzie did?
SFCALBear72
She played 15 minutes. 0 points, 2 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal, 2 turnovers. Her team had 19 turnovers.

https://jordanbrandclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/2018JBCGirlsFinalBox.pdf
willtalk
As ASG go this one was on the bottom end of the rag tag scale. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on how anyone did in this one. They did do a nice interview and feature on Mc. F's dad and his Globetrotter history during one of the breaks.
SFCALBear72
willtalk said:

As ASG go this one was on the bottom end of the rag tag scale. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on how anyone did in this one. They did do a nice interview and feature on Mc. F's dad and his Globetrotter history during one of the breaks.
Agree. It was hard to watch. No real flow to the game. Errant passes. Too many turnovers. Not a lot of ball movement. McDonald's All-American game was much better.
ClayK
Think about it: You have 48 18-year-olds, out on their own, living in hotels, with minimal chaperoning.

They're gone for a couple weeks, really, and they don't care about school (senioritis is very real and they're already in college), so how do you think they will spend their time?

And they're all in great physical shape.

You remember that for each athlete at the Olympics, they distributed 37 condoms -- and those athletes were taking things much more seriously than these adolescents.

The game basically gets in the way of the partying ...
willtalk
Clay-- I thought the same thing. Most of them looked like they had spent to much time at the disco the night before, but I didn't want to be the one to say it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.