Good news

29,262 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CalFanatic
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welcome to our grad transfer, PG Recee Caldwell! With her skill set and the addition of frosh McKenzie Forbes, Cal should be an improved passing team next season. Also, both are capable outside shooters so the Bears should feature more offensive options next season. Remember, Micole Cayton returns to action, too! Overall-guard/wing play should be much better in 2018-2019. Congrats, HC Gottlieb! How about applying more pressure defense next season to maximize our depth? GO BEARS!
BearBint
MoragaBear, you and Cal WBB have made us happy again. Great to recruit someone so experienced (and probably mature).
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
blungld
Good news. If we could just a big body...?
CalFanatic
With Forbes plus four amazing guards in AT, Kianna, Mi'Cole and Recee- what do a few different lineups look like?

Let 3 of them, Forbes and KA/CJ run wild?
Schroeder71
Sounds promising! SF should probably be split between Jaelyn Brown & McKenzie Forbes with the most minutes going to the "hot" hand. Also, don't forget Alaysia Styles (6-2). I'm hoping that she hit the weights during the off-season to give her more strength inside. She can rotate with CJ opposite Kristine Anigwe. I just hope that KA can refrain from being in foul trouble so often so that she can remain on the court. This season the small lineup will necessitate her to be a force on the defensive boards. GO BEARS!
stu
With 3 of Asha, Recee', Kiana, and Mi'cole plus 1 of Jaelyn or Kenzie on the floor I think our opponents will pay if they try to double-team Kristine.
ClayK
Good work on this MB, despite the delay.

If Caldwell is the Caldwell of 16-17 from three (36.4%) and the Caldwell of 17-18 as a ballhandler (6.0 apg), it's great news. If it's the reverse (24.1% and 4.3), not so much.

Somewhere in between, the most likely, is still a win. A veteran presence with a history of some success can only help.

And also, good job by LG and staff to make this happen ...
GATC
ClayK said:

Good work on this MB, despite the delay.

If Caldwell is the Caldwell of 16-17 from three (36.4%) and the Caldwell of 17-18 as a ballhandler (6.0 apg), it's great news. If it's the reverse (24.1% and 4.3), not so much.

Somewhere in between, the most likely, is still a win. A veteran presence with a history of some success can only help.

And also, good job by LG and staff to make this happen ...
It will be great to see her at her best. Her FG%, 3PT%, FT% and TO/min for last year was worse than everyone on our team (except for Chen's FG%). And this was with over half of the games against teams that were not in the top 300 in the country.
CalFanatic
She was pretty injured though, right? If she's healthy I would expect the numbers to match her Sophomore year. Time will tell.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.