Natalie Chou transfers from Baylor

8,517 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Schroeder71
pearbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/lady_bears_basketball/natalie-chou-to-transfer-from-baylor/article_4157278f-0e04-5f10-a9d4-02300d8c2865.html

Since we're keeping track of former recruits...
stu
Are you and Moraga talking about the same player?
puget sound cal fan
Natalie has been granted her release by Baylor, and she's presumably checking her options. I've not been able to find anything on line about her reasons for leaving Baylor. She and her parents did take an official visit to Cal when she was being recruited out of Plano HS so maybe the Bears are in the running. Separately, Cal is evidently in the running to land a grad transfer (Natalie is entering her Sophomore year) so that's a different recruit, which MB is likely tracking. Interestingly, the former 6'0" prep guard now stands 6'4".
roqmoq
My guess is PT. I think that she was seeing reduced PT even before her wrist injury. She would probably have to win back her starting position this coming season. And Baylor recruited well again.

Her game strength seems to be good 3 point shooting. She set up a lot outside the 3 point line, waiting for passes when her teammates would kick out the ball to her. Not particularly quick or athletic. Was on the National team with K.A.
OBear073akaSMFan
stu said:

Are you and Moraga talking about the same player?

I noticed that 2 of the last 3 followers of Natalie were Colorado's HC & their top assistant. Of course, followers are a dime a dozen but does show they are interested.
HoopDreams
Hope she transfers here!
wbbilluminati
She was pre-business at Baylor and a solid student. Maybe she takes another look at Cal's UG business program.
SFCALBear72
Any further word about where she might be going next? We were in her final four (Baylor, Cal, Texas, UCLA) coming out of high school.

She'd have to sit out next season anyway, so it would set up nicely for 2019.
wbbilluminati
I think she might end up at UCLA actually.
MoragaBear
Staff
wbbilluminati said:

Most likely, yes
patsweetpat
MoragaBear said:

wbbilluminati said:

Most likely, yes
Fingers crossed down south, here.
wbbilluminati
UCLA's WBB FB page just announced Chou indeed transferring to Westwood.
Schroeder71
Here's the UCLA announcement:
http://pac-12.com/sport/womens-basketball
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.