Oregon

2,619 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ClayK
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haven't seen this posted but I read that Mallory McGwire is transferring from Oregon to Boise State. That makes 5 transfers this season.

Can you imagine what this board would do if it happened to Cal? This supports my view that it is hard to build a big roster. People want to play. And if they don't they transfer.
annarborbear
A strong program brings in new people every year. The best get to play, and those who don't transfer out. In a weaker program, people may leave for a variety of reasons, and there is no one there to replace them.
CalFanatic
Honestly, If we were the top team in our conference and an Elite Eight program- I probably wouldn't freak out all that much. We are neither. Let's change that this year!
socaliganbear
Have they been replaced by strong recruiting?
willtalk
The only one of the five transfers that they will really miss is Aina Ayuso who turned professional. That will not happen until Corzola graduates next season. She would have been her replacement. The others left because their court time would be seriously cut this coming season. McGuire leaving was no surprise. She lost her starters position and her minutes were dropping towards the end of this last season. With Boley becoming eligible and the second Sabally coming in as well Mallory saw the handwriting on the wall. The younger sister unlike her older sister is a real banger underneath along with having the same other skill set as her older sister.. McGuire main strength was her mid range game which Nyara also has along with being more mobile and a better inside post player. McGuire was smart to transfer out. Oregon was not weakened other than losing some depth. They will actually be stronger this coming season.
wvitbear
I agree with Willtalk. But my point has always been a bigger roster won't stay that way.

We had people transfer when we had great teams. But this board is constantly wanting a bigger roster with even walk-ons.

If Oregon has some injuries this year then you will hear some of the complaints you have heard about Cal.
ClayK
If you're playing walk-ons in the Pac-12, you're losing.

If you're playing tired scholarship players, at least you have a chance to win.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.