Cal WBB Pursuit of Bigs

puget sound cal fan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any progress on Bears' possibly landing Jones, Jackson or Robee?
ClayK
Not much will happen until after girls get back to school and start taking visits ...

Haley Jones finished yesterday in Belarus so will need some time to regroup. Angel Jackson just finished up in LA with Cal Stars, and I'm sure Robee is the same.

Give it a month or so ...
puget sound cal fan
Frankly, a skilled big (PF) is the highest priority.
GOLDEN

The top-ranked 2019 Prospect (by both Hoopgurlz and Prospects Nation) Haley Jones 6-1 W has a final 5 of STANFORD, Notre Dame, OREGON, UConn, and South Carolina.

annarborbear
GOLDEN said:

The top-ranked 2019 Prospect (by both Hoopgurlz and Prospects Nation) Haley Jones 6-1 W has a final 5 of STANFORD, Notre Dame, OREGON, UConn, and South Carolina.

Geno, Dawn Staley, Tara, Muffin and Kelly Graves. You can be pretty certain that you are going to win, get better, and realize your potential under any of those coaches.
HoopDreams
i think Cal WBB has the same issue with recruiting bigs as Cal MBB

not a large pool of high major bigs that qualify academically, and when they do, they tend to go to the powerhouse teams (including stanford)

I think we need to adjust by loading up on athletic, guards and wings who can shoot, and perhaps some undersized athletic bigs, who can defend, rebound, and hopefully shoot from 3 to create mis-matches ... then our guards can collapse to assist when the ball goes into the post. on rebounds, push the tempo which should favor the smaller team

i know it's easier said then done, but not sure we will sign another KA anytime soon
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.