who is?

2,915 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HoopDreams
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
second row, wearing pink?
a new walk-on?

SFCALBear72
I wondered the same thing. I sent a FB message to Coach Farrow last night but haven't heard back yet. I think she is probably a new walk-on.
bearchamp
I think "SHE" is probably a new walk-on.
SFCALBear72
bearchamp said:

I think "SHE" is probably a new walk-on.
I sincerely apologize. I blame it on being an early morning/half awake reply to the poster. I've edited my comment.
SFCALBear72
HoopDreams said:

a new walk-on?

Coach Farrow sent me a message saying her name is Sierra Richey.

My online investigation found that she's a freshman from Camarillo HS (Ventura County) which has a highly successful girls basketball program. She's 5'10" and played forward in high school.
HoopDreams
SFCALBear72 said:

HoopDreams said:

a new walk-on?

Coach Farrow sent me a message saying her name is Sierra Richey.

My online investigation found that she's a freshman from Camarillo HS (Ventura County) which has a highly successful girls basketball program. She's 5'10" and played forward in high school.
so she was a visitor?
Baygbear
Her Instagram says Cal wbb '22 so she is probably another walk-on
HoopDreams
thanks for the info guys ... surprised this is the first way we hear about her, but welcome

to me, it makes a lot of sense to have a couple walk-ons. we sure could have used the depth a few years ago
puget sound cal fan
Lindsay didn't even fill all the scholarship slots the Bears had. That's changed, thank goodness, after lack of depth affected the Bears' play.
ClayK
From the MaxPreps' stats, Richey looks like a good high school player -- 5-10 forward who rebounds well, handles well, shoots a little. But of course program heights often have little relation to reality, so my first guess would be 5-9.

In short, so to speak, Richey needs to be able to play the wing at the Pac-12 level and add a consistent three-point shot to her game to help make the adjustment.

But you never know -- and if she comes with a good attitude, practices hard and makes her teammates better, then she's a plus.

HoopDreams
not sure if you can see this...

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.