Osborne to UCLA

2,595 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by patsweetpat
CalFanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not a fan of Close but you have to give it to her- she consistently out recruits us.

patsweetpat
Well, I don't know about *consistently*. She wanted Kianna Smith and didn't get her. She (and UCLA) was/were eliminated from the Ionsescu sweepstakes before Cal ever was (although, granted, neither school ended up landing Sabrina). I'm sure there's plenty of others.

UCLA under Close gets good recruits, and so does Cal under Gottlieb.
CalFanatic
We landed ONE recruit last year (losing a few to UCLA) and have only one recruit this year (again, losing a few to UCLA). You know what I mean- UCLA wins far more battles than we do.
CalFanatic
Now... are our wins talented? Of course- Kianna Smith, Mckenzie Forbes, etc were top recruits. We are dangerously thin though for the upcoming years. This year will be incredible for Cal. I am very worried for years to come.
patsweetpat
Right on. Wasn't necessarily trying to debate you. Was just giving your Bears some props, is all. Do expect you guys to have a very special season in 2018-19, and wish the Bears plenty of luck (though not when you're playing my Bruins, of course).
HoopDreams
still don't get why we are having such hard time recruiting last couple years
GATC
patsweetpat said:

Well, I don't know about *consistently*. She wanted Kianna Smith and didn't get her. She (and UCLA) was/were eliminated from the Ionsescu sweepstakes before Cal ever was (although, granted, neither school ended up landing Sabrina). I'm sure there's plenty of others.

Congrats Pat. Nice recruiting.

This will be an interesting year for you as you lost 2 key players. If your team does well this year it will say a lot about your coach. When Boyd and Gray graduated our team went from 13-5 to 4-14.
SFCALBear72
HoopDreams said:

still don't get why we are having such hard time recruiting last couple years
I think we need to add a young, dynamic recruiter.

As far as Charisma Osborne goes, her tweet says it all. She wanted to stay in Los Angeles.
patsweetpat
GATC said:

patsweetpat said:

Congrats Pat. Nice recruiting.

This will be an interesting year for you as you lost 2 key players. If your team does well this year it will say a lot about your coach.
I'm actually pretty optimistic about this season. There'll definitely be growing pains as the team tries to figure out how to play without Canada and Billings, but there's some good players left, starting with Burke and Drummer, as well as Dean, and then a lot of talented (albeit young) depth behind 'em. By season's end, it should be a reasonably strong team (knock wood).

And the Bears, of course, may well have a *very* special year!

Good luck to both.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.