Hoopgurlz Updates '19 & '20 Rankings (plus initial rankings for c/o 2021)

2,932 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wbbilluminati
wbbilluminati
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Link to 2019 (local star Haley Jones rises to #1). Then use drop down menu to see younger classes:

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2019
CalFanatic
Ucla with two top 25 guards this year. Good for them.
wbbilluminati
CalFanatic said:

Ucla with two top 25 guards this year. Good for them.
Osborne proved to be a top talent by making the USA U17 team, though her performance in the actual tournament was so-so.

She and the other UCLA PG recruit Owens might not be the next Jordin Canada but landing both could make them just as formidable in the backcourt again.

I wonder if Kiara Jefferson ends up with limited minutes behind them (and her classmate Ahlana Smith a SG from North Carolina also rated higher than her).
wbbilluminati
A couple intriguing new names revealed with the c/o 2020 update:

#40 - Ugonne Onyiah a 6'3" forward from Eleanor Roosevelt HS in Eastvale, California. She plays AAU for Cal Sparks.

#46 - Kaitlyn Chen a 5'8" PG for Flintridge Prep in La Canada, California. The last time I recall an Asian-American player from California ranked in the top 100 was PG Emily Tay (who went to the same HS as Talia Caldwell) and was a star for Harvard from '05-'09.

Footage of Emily Tay:
wbbilluminati
Lastly, when I saw the c/o 2021 rankings, I said to myself: "Finally!"

3 players from California in the top 10!

#4 Rayah Marshall 6'3" from Lynwood HS, #6 Okikiola Iriafen 6'2" from Harvard Westlake, and then 6'2" Brooke Demetre from Mater Dei.

Then there's 5'11" G Talia Von Oelhoffen from Washington at #5 and 6'3" post Aaronette Vonleh from Oregon ranked #13.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.