Angel Jackson's final 4

5,030 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearwbbfan
SFCALBear72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal, Arizona State, Florida and USC.
calbear80
I like it that we are listed as first of four. Keep the fingers crossed.

Gi Bears!
SFCALBear72
calbear80 said:

I like it that we are listed as furst of four. Keep the fingers crossed.

Gi Bears!
The schools were actually listed alphabetically in the tweet. I listed us first because I could. lol.
CalFanatic
Is it safe to say this is the most important recruit we are after in the 2019 class? We need posts to compliment the strong guards we will have on our roster next year. Again, we JUST have CJ West as a post for next year!

I wonder if we are still in the running for Miller...
annarborbear
Not sure how Florida made the cut. They finished 11-19 last year and 11th in the SEC.
SFCALBear72
annarborbear said:

Not sure how Florida made the cut. They finished 11-19 last year and 11th in the SEC.
I agree. It's a new coaching staff (first year last season). One assistant, Kelly Rae Finley, has recent ties to both Arizona WBB and Colorado WBB as a recruiting coordinator, so I'm guessing she was in touch with Angel Jackson at some point. That's all I've got in terms of detective work.
annarborbear
Not only do we need size, but ASU and USC are two teams that we are now trying to separate from to regain top tier status in the conference. So this recruitment has a lot on the line.
wbbilluminati
Maybe she has family in Florida?

Bottom line, this is good news.

We've always done well recruiting against ASU and though we've been beat out by USC for some recruits, we usually do well when it comes to NorCal targets.

Hope we get this local post player!
puget sound cal fan
It's "good news" because Cal is in her top 5, but Lindsay must land her for it to really count for something meaningful.
ClayK
I think Angel is a good player, and will have a solid career, but she is primarily a defender and rebounder. She's not a great scorer and has struggled to score consistently against players her size or bigger at the high school/club level.

Getting her would be a lot better than not getting her, but she's not as good as Anigwe can be. In other words, Jackson would be a fine complementary player on a Pac-12 contender, but she's not going to be all-conference.

Then again, I've been wrong before ...
annarborbear
Oregon State has signed three top post players 6'5" or over including a 6'9" five star. Stanford has signed a 6'5" top 40 player. Arizona will have a 6'6" post to whom we had also made an offer last year. I think we should be praying for some defense and rebounding.
CalFanatic
Any update on Roby, Alexis Tucker or JaQuaya Miller? Would be a great 4 to 5 person class with Jackson and Fields.
willtalk
annarborbear said:

Oregon State has signed three top post players 6'5" or over including a 6'9" five star. Stanford has signed a 6'5" top 40 player. Arizona will have a 6'6" post to whom we had also made an offer last year. I think we should be praying for some defense and rebounding.
It is also likely that Oregon St's 6'9" player will end up playing a stretch 4 position. That would put her on the court with 6'7" player at center. It will really be hard to match up with them height wise. Better chance to run them off the floor along with picking up some 3 pt shooters.
stu
ClayK said:

I think Angel is a good player, and will have a solid career, but she is primarily a defender and rebounder.
I'd love to add a defender and rebounder. Making the occasional putback or uncontested layup would be enough offense for me if we have 4 scorers on the court with her.
wbbilluminati
It's unclear who is recruiting Alexis Tucker. Raoul_000 on Twitter has Gonzaga, St. John's, and Texas Tech as being three of her finalists. Then I recall another Tweet mentioning she had an offer from Portland.

Very bizarre turn of events to see mediocre programs on her list considering she was ranked top 10 by Prospects Nation early on, and still top 100 by Hoop Gurlz and PN.
annarborbear
wbbilluminati said:

It's unclear who is recruiting Alexis Tucker. Raoul_000 on Twitter has Gonzaga, St. John's, and Texas Tech as being three of her finalists. Then I recall another Tweet mentioning she had an offer from Portland.

Very bizarre turn of events to see mediocre programs on her list considering she was ranked top 10 by Prospects Nation early on, and still top 100 by Hoop Gurlz and PN.
Just read that Tucker's mom is a Cal grad. Hope that this will count for something.

At 5'11", she appears to score, shoot well from mid-range, and rebound in double digits in high school. But don't hear much about her outside shooting, which she will need to do in college at that size.
wvitbear
Would agree with Clay on what I've seen with Angel. I think she is taller than 6'3". But more of a defensive player and rebounder than offensive player.
puget sound cal fan
We'll take her, right? She can join Angel Jackson on the Bear front line.
SFCALBear72
Looks like Angel Jackson is on an official visit* to Cal this weekend. Pics of her with McKenzie Forbes on Facebook at the football game on Saturday.

*Confirmed by Raoul on twitter.
HoopDreams

annarborbear
She looks tall. Please sign.
wvitbear
As I said, I think she is closer to 6'5" tall. Most heights are the opposite. But when she was a freshman and sophomore they listed her at 6'5". Then it was changed to 6'3". It is a mystery to me.
puget sound cal fan
She's an athletic 6'5", or whatever height she is. Stay home and rep the Bay,
wbbilluminati
She's got long arms, too. Lots of physical traits to be excited about even if the offensive skill needs development. But physically, I am reminded of Shawntinice Polk former superstar center for Arizona (RIP)
wvitbear
I think Polk was a lot thicker. Saw her in the high school finals many years ago.
wvitbear
I believe Polk played for Hanford. They beat Amador Valley in the Division II finals. Amador had a good guard. Was that Mia Fisher. My memory ain't what it used to be.
bobbk
Jackson announces Thursday at her school at 3:45
wbbilluminati
Miller committed to Washington. Big get for them.

CalFanatic
If teammate Jenkins follows too in 2020-even bigger. West coast post pool dwindling-fingers crossed for Angel!
SFCALBear72
We're also still waiting for Sydnee Roby to schedule her official visit to Cal. Of her five final schools, she has already visited Michigan State, Texas A&M and Miami. Hometown school, Marquette, and her fifth finalist, is also waiting for her official visit.
Wookids
Per wvitbear: "I believe Polk played for Hanford. They beat Amador Valley in the Division II finals. Amador had a good guard. Was that Mia Fisher. My memory ain't what it used to be."

Your memory is perfect there. I had friends who attended virtually every game Mia played at Amador Valley, and I joined them at times, including the State Finals against Hanford / Polk..
bearwbbfan
Angel Jackson to USC
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.