Penn State rallies in 4th quarter to pull-out 74-72 victory over Providence!

1,204 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Schroeder71
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://gopsusports.com/boxscore.aspx?path=wbball&id=12546

The Nittany Lion's stats were similar to Cal's numbers in their respective openers. Penn State trailed for three quarters and made a huge come-back in the final ten minutes. The home team dominated the boards and grabbed 15 offensive rebounds. The Big Ten team turned the ball over 22 times which was also similar to the Bears. Both teams hit approximately 80% on their free throws. Penn State had one stat that jumped out that was different: 17 fast break points.

https://gopsusports.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball

The top two returning scorers, Amari Carter & Tenaya Page, for the Nittany Lions are their two senior guards. Jaida Travascio-Green, their third leading scorer and top three point shooter with 71 treys last season, DNP. She is the 6-2 junior out of Chicago. The four players that had the most minutes tonight were all guards so this is a guard-oriented team like Cal's first 2 opponents... PSU has three freshmen on their roster including
6-0 guard Karisma Ortiz from Mitty in San Jose and two bigs (6-4 & 6-3). All three played between 10-13 minutes.

Penn State was a .500 team last season so Cal should be able to handle them in Pennsylvania (I hope). I think that the key to victory might be rotating back on defense to stop break-away layups. The Bears gave up four vs Houston. GO BEARS!
HoopDreams
Thanks for scouting report
Should be good game
Can't let them go off from 3
Schroeder71
Do we have to subscribe to the Big Ten channel? I cannot access audio broadcast, either. I guess that Live Stats
is the only way to follow the game...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.