Cal's Kristine Anigwe named espnW's player of the week

1,449 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CalFanatic
BearSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25252051/california-golden-bears-kristine-anigwe-espnw-player-week

Quote:

The career scoring record for Cal women's basketball has stood since 1981. But senior Kristine Anigwe is off to a great start in the quest to break it.

The 6-foot-4 center/forward led the Bears to two victories as they opened the season, and she is the espnW national player of the week. Anigwe came into her final year 472 points from topping the 2,320 of Colleen Galloway, who played at Cal from 1977-81. Anigwe is already 61 points closer to the record.
BearBint
Thanks, BearSD.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
GATC
Well deserved. Her rebounding really made a difference.
puget sound cal fan
Kristine will lead the Bears!
BearBint
puget sound cal fan said:

Kristine will lead the Bears!
And Jaelyn shall have a great year as well (I've decided). And Asha. I agree that this could be an exceptional season when/if they are playing like a unit, every quarter.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
HoopDreams
can't imagine a player having a better two games than KA did
congrats
CalFanatic
Probably the easiest pick all year. What a start to the season for Kristine!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.