Link for Cal vs. BYU

4,191 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by smh
grin&bearit
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://watchstadium.com/live/151800/

smh
as of 3:02 neither your link nor buy's stats page is active; though it's way early still.

update: stats now showing game is ON.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=235501
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
blungld
Fantastic picture and coverage. Must be HD. Cal shouldnt lag behind a WCC school in their streaming.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
stu
At the media timeout we're shooting 18% but lead 7-5.
stu
After 1 quarter we're down 10-14. Now shooting 3/20, 1/8 on threes. Kristine has 7 rebounds, team has 2 assists. Ugh.
blungld
So man missed easy shots.

Schroeder71
Cal could not throw a rock into the ocean. The team has no energy. The Bears shot 3 for 20 or 15%.

Both teams playing zone and there are no shots in the paint. Anigwe was averaging 30.5 ppg and is 1 for 5
from the floor for 3 points at intermission. BYU 25, Cal 24. The Bears had a super slow lineup on the floor when the Cougars hit a couple of three pointers. Chen Yue, Recee Caldwell & Kenzie Forbes just jog up and down the court.

The only consistent offensive threat is Kianna Smith with 11 of Cal's 24 points. The rest of the team is an absolute joke. Excellent coaching job by Brigham Young's head coach to take KA out of the game.

I would switch to man-to-man defense in the 2nd half to attempt to get some easy baskets. Maybe implement the
first pressure defense of the season?
GO BEARS!
blungld
Bears keep lunging on the shot fake. Perimeter D weak this season so far.

stu
4 Cal turnovers in 4 minutes. Ugh.
stu
Chen in for a bit - the air must be pretty thin.
CalFanatic
I assume they are gassed having to fly from PA-> UT. I would be.
blungld
They look lethargic.

stu
I assume the plane was pressurized.
BearBint
Cal somewhat caught up: BYU leads by one, 25-24, at half-time. Kristine rebounding like mad, but her shot is off. Fortunately, Kianna's shooting well.

Elevation? Provo's not Boulder, but it's 4,500 feet.

(BYU's commentary is pretty good--little homerism.)
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
stu
Our shooting is horrible, 3/15 on twos but 5/15 on threes. Kristine 1/5. Hope she finds the range in the second half. The good news: 7 assists on 8 baskets.
BearBint
stu said:

Our shooting is horrible, 3/15 on twos but 5/15 on threes. Kristine 1/5. Hope she finds the range in the second half. The good news: 7 assists on 8 baskets.
Lots of rebounds, too. And no one's in foul trouble.

Now someone send a round of espresso to those women!
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
grin&bearit
BYU's live stream is awesome!
stu
Nice run to start the half!

Crowd shot shows almost nobody, fewer than at Haas.
stu
grin&bearit said:

BYU's live stream is awesome!
The quality is great but they miss a lot of live action with pointless replays.
Schroeder71
Cal opened the second half 12-2 for a 36-27 lead. Then they slowed down their movement and allowed BYU to get back into it. Anigwe really seems to turn her effort on and off. She has missed 5 free throws that were not close. She also failed to jump on some rebounds, etc.

Anigwe is not trying out there. She has three fouls quickly in the second half and will have to sit out with 7 minutes
left. I think that Asha Thomas and Kianna Smith can win the game without their center. Jaelyn Brown has been posted up twice for easy layups. She has had an erratic game like she often did last year.

Cal did pull away with Anigwe on the bench. The two players that played well were Asha Thomas and Kianna Smith. Kristine was off ( three 3 second violations)and on. Her free throws were perfect or not close. When she focuses, swish. Two others that played solidly were Alayshia Styles and Jaelyn Brown with 8 points each. Recee Caldwell seemed lost out there for 34 minutes with 2 points and a single assist...Kenzie Forbes hit a nice trey but was 1-5 and beaten off of the dribble by BYU guards on multiple occasions. Chen Yue had a nice few minutes and did her job.

Bears scored 24 in the first half and nearly that much in both quarters (22 & 24) of the second. Cal outscored BYU 46-27 after Gottlieb's pep talk. GO BEARS!
blungld
Sloppy, but up by 5 at end of the third.

stu
Looks to me like BYU is moving very well.
stu
Now they're calling a lot of fouls on Cal, Kristine with 4.
smh
surely hurts having CJ West missing the game, for whatever reason.

(says a guy w/o video access / streaming broken)
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
blungld
Would love the update on West and Cayton.

stu
Yes, Bird lacks the bulk to bang with their bigs.
stu
Asha blows a break with a textbook charge.
BearBint
stu said:

Yes, Bird lacks the bulk to bang with their bigs.
But right now I love her just the same. Beautiful shot.
stu
Good patience with a late lead. Kristine with back-to-back and-ones to put it away!
IssyBear
Good win, but too many TOs by Smith.
blungld
Nice to see the Bears slog it out.

CalFanatic
I'm excited to see this team with a healthy West and Cayton...this is a tough, tough two day trip with travel. Happy to pull out a W.
stu
We killed it in the 2nd half, 46-27. Our shooting came around. Oh - 18 assists on 22 baskets!

Time now for rest and healing.
blungld
Cal needs to take a look at how good the streaming was for this game. Multi-camera in HD WITH ANNOUNCERS--not a low res scoreboard feed. Come on Bears.
wvitbear
I didn't watch the game as I didn't want to give away my rights.. So I watched the stats. Good to see Thomas and Smith regain their shooting touch. Also, good to see Styles played a good game. In the practice
I watched she shot the ball really well from the outside. Plus on the sprints, she was the fastest bear.

I have spent a lot of time in Utah and there is no low altitude. About the lowest you will see is around 4,000 feet. Everything is on the Colorado Plateau which is magnificent but very alty. Takes a while to get used to it. Need to be there a day or so. Surprised we did well in the fourth quarter, Thought we might run out of gas.

Any talk about West's injury. How long will she be out.

Funny thing was that in the open practice, Cayton scrimmaged. So am surprised she isn't playing some now. Might have had a relapse.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.