2019 Recruiting Class Rankings

2,935 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Lone Star
annarborbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Four PAC12 schools in ESPN's top 20 women's basketball 2019 recruiting class rankings - Stanford #3, USC #6, UCLA #9, and Oregon State #16. Only six top 100 players remain uncommitted.
Lone Star
That's too bad. It would appear that UCLA will get the least out of their top recruiting class. And it would potentially appear that Oregon may be losing their recruiting touch for 2019? Guess they could still sign one of the unsigned 6 and change that.
CalFanatic
Oregon has two international commits with very strong backgrounds. Won't appear on these lists.
ClayK
And don't forget, Stanford could get Haley Jones ...
GOLDEN
ClayK said:

And don't forget, Stanford could get Haley Jones ...
When does Jones announce? Do you think it might be U-Conn over Stanford?
puget sound cal fan
Any progress by Cal in counting and recruiting JC or international layers?
ClayK
Jones is supposed to announce within a week or so ...
Schroeder71
It's obvious why UCLA, Stanford, Oregon & Oregon State recruit well because they're perennial power houses in the Pac 12 and nationally. How does USC land the sixth best class in the country? Troy has not been at the top of the conference in eons. Washington has been another recent national power.

Will Cal's Gottlieb help facilitate a finish in the upper half in either recruiting and/or in the standings?

Did anyone notice that UConn was not in the rankings? They will be if the close top recruit Haley Jones.
Also, Penn State has 5 recruits ranked 17th in the nation. The Bears beat the Nittany Lions decisively last
Sunday there.

Lone Star
I actually think that Stanford and Oregon State are the teams to beat this year (and next) in the PAC-12, not Oregon. You heard it hear first.

If teams can watch that Louisville v. Oregon game last year where Jeff Walz (Louisville coach) shut down Ionesceu (not often that happens) and won, I am sure that will be something that Rueck and Vandeveer will try and do come tournament time.
GOLDEN
Lone Star said:

I actually think that Stanford and Oregon State are the teams to beat this year (and next) in the PAC-12, not Oregon. You heard it hear first.

If teams can watch that Louisville v. Oregon game last year where Jeff Walz (Louisville coach) shut down Ionesceu (not often that happens) and won, I am sure that will be something that Rueck and Vandeveer will try and do come tournament time.
Some grumblings with OSU fans that there is no post at all offensively of defensively in other words a freshman Gulich replacement.

Bears finish ahead of OSU for third. You heard it here first.
Lone Star
GOLDEN said:

Lone Star said:

Some grumblings with OSU fans that there is no post at all offensively of defensively in other words a freshman Gulich replacement.

Bears finish ahead of OSU for third. You heard it here first.
LOL, I love it! Throwing down the gauntlet.

I think Kennedy Brown will be very disappointed if she is expecting to play a 4 at OSU. That will be their future post.

Not sure I see Cal in 3rd but, you have made the prediction.
annarborbear
Seems like every PAC-12 team is going to have some kind of injuries, mismatched rosters and/or inexperience at key starting and back-up positions this year. Will be interesting to see which coaches can best handle their unique situations.

UCLA just came back with a win against #13 Georgia after being unable to handle Loyola Marymount.
GATC
Lone Star said:

Cayton held Ionescu to 4-19 shooting (until the last game winning shot) 2 years ago. Ionescu scorched us last year so a great defender makes a huge difference.

If Cayton is 90%, West comes back from injury and Brown and Styles are comfortable, I think we will do pretty well.

One article of the top 25 players in the country had Ionescu as the #1 and Hebard was 9th I think. Slocum and Anigwe where in the middle teens. I think they were the only ones from our conference.
GOLDEN
Brown said she won't play the 4. But you are right it might be by default.
Lone Star
GOLDEN said:

Brown said she won't play the 4. But you are right it might be by default.
Does she think she is a 3? That is a joke if that is the case.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.