Way to early bracketology

1,975 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GATC
calbearsfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?

We're hosting first and second rounds as a #3 seed
http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology
GATC
calbearsfan said:

We're hosting first and second rounds as a #3 seed
http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

Interesting. Colorado 7th in the conference ahead of UCLA.
calbear80
#3 seed is overly optimistic, IMHO.

We maybe 7-0 now, but, when we get to Pac-12 part of schedule it is going to be a different story. 12-6 in Pac-12 would be the best we can hope for.

UO, OSU and LSJU are predicated this finish ahead of us. A fourth place in Pac-12 does not translate to a #3 seed (one of top 12 teams in the nation).

BTW, is there any update on on A. Thomas's injury? How about M. Cayton?

Go Bears!
ncbears
It wasn't so long ago that the Bears started out 13-0. They finished 20-14; 6-12. Second round loss to Baylor.
wvitbear
I agree that a number 3 seed is being over optimistic. And certainly worse if we lose Thomas. Their will be a lot of close games this year in the Pac 12. Get lucky and you might get a number 3 seed.
SFCALBear72
calbear80 said:

#3 seed is overly optimistic, IMHO.

We maybe 7-0 now, but, when we get to Pac-12 part of schedule it is going to be a different story. 12-6 in Pac-12 would be the best we can hope for.

UO, OSU and LSJU are predicated this finish ahead of us. A fourth place in Pac-12 does not translate to a #3 seed (one of top 12 teams in the nation).

BTW, is there any update on on A. Thomas's injury? How about M. Cayton?

Go Bears!
How many times and in how many places are you going to ask this question?? When an update is available, they'll let us know. So, please, give it a rest. Thanks.
CalFanatic
Coach is angry!
calbear80
SFCALBear72,,

You are right. Done.

It is just that for the road game against Santa Clara last year (or was it the year before?), I sat a few seats away from her family. I feel for her and for her family after all she has gone through. She is a local athlete from the East Bay and I am rooting for her.

Go Bears!
SFCALBear72
CalFanatic said:

Coach is angry!
Is that comment directed at me? If so, why?
GATC
ncbears said:

It wasn't so long ago that the Bears started out 13-0. They finished 20-14; 6-12. Second round loss to Baylor.
That was a couple of years ago. 12-0 in non-conference as Anigwe dominated. We started conference play by beating Arizona then in the next game ASU neutralized Anigwe and the season went downhill from there. That team had a supporting cast of Range, Cowling, Thomas, Davidson, Brown, West, Cayton,
blungld
GATC said:

ncbears said:

That was a couple of years ago. 12-0 in non-conference as Anigwe dominated. We started conference play by beating Arizona then in the next game ASU neutralized Anigwe and the season went downhill from there. That team had a supporting cast of Range, Cowling, Thomas, Davidson, Brown, West, Cayton,
I remember that ASU game as one of the worst reffed games I had ever seen. Bears should have won. Season might have played out very differently.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
GATC
blungld said:

GATC said:

ncbears said:

I remember that ASU game as one of the worst reffed games I had ever seen. Bears should have won. Season might have played out very differently.
It was. Seems like they hacked Anigwe all game but she had very few free throws and she missed them all anyway. The key to beating us is pretty simple.

My favorite game against ASU was several years earlier when a freshman Davidson came in for Gray, who had fouled out, and got an offensive board with a few seconds left and made a calm and collected move to go around the post and put it in for the one point win.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.