Asha Thomas

2,769 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wvitbear
MoragaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Here's the press release on her health status:

Media Advisory - Thomas Cleared To Return

BERKELEY Cal senior guard Asha Thomas has been cleared to resume practice as tolerated, head coach Lindsay Gottlieb announced on Wednesday. Thomas left the court with an apparent knee injury in the third quarter of Sunday's win over CSUN, but tests and imaging revealed no acute injury.

The Golden Bears (7-0, 0-0 Pac-12) will be back in action on Saturday, visiting Saint Mary's (5-2, 0-0 WCC) for a 2 p.m. PT tip off.
graguna
GREAT NEWS!!!
SFCALBear72
Fantastic news!!

Thanks for sharing, MB.
BearPedz
Phew! Best news I've heard all day!
blungld
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! Woofing Gods I bow to you and throw myself at your feet in all humility.

So happy for AT, the team, and all Cal WBB fans.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
BearBint
Strongest and steadiest player on the court. Go, Teezy!
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
CalFanatic
Saw our season flash before my eyes at Haas. Could not be any happier. Go Bears
polarbear
Great news, hope they are all back on the court very soon!
GATC
That's fantastic.
grin&bearit
Fantastic news!!! Keeping my prayers going for the rest of the team...praying they all get AND stay healthy.
calbear80
MoragaBear said:

Here's the press release on her health status:

Media Advisory - Thomas Cleared To Return

BERKELEY Cal senior guard Asha Thomas has been cleared to resume practice as tolerated, head coach Lindsay Gottlieb announced on Wednesday. Thomas left the court with an apparent knee injury in the third quarter of Sunday's win over CSUN, but tests and imaging revealed no acute injury.

The Golden Bears (7-0, 0-0 Pac-12) will be back in action on Saturday, visiting Saint Mary's (5-2, 0-0 WCC) for a 2 p.m. PT tip off.

GREAT NEWS!

I am happy for Asha Thomas. I am happy for Cal WBB.

Thank you God.

And, thank you MB for bringing good news during this Holiday Season.

Go Bears!

P.S. If I sound overly happy for Asha, that is because I am. Some 30+ years ago a knee injury ended my (very insignificant) athletic playing time. Now, every time someone injures their knee, I have a flash back to my injury and how I feel the effect of it in every step that I take today.
OBear073akaSMFan
"THE BEAR WILL NOT QUIT! THE BEAR WILL NOT DIE!"
ncbears
Great news.
But, it's not a clean bill of health. There is that "as tolerated" language. I presume AT will honor that language as she's been through one very serious injury and came out of it to be the wonderful floor leader and player that she has been and will continue to be. I further presume the coaching staff won't push the level of "tolerated." I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't play in the St. Marys and Santa Barbara games, as I note the release is AT is cleared to practice and doesn't say to play in games.
MoragaBear
Staff
Yeah, I doubt she'll play at St. Mary's and maybe a few minutes or not at all vs. UCSB. Hopefully some against UConn.
wvitbear
The longer it went the more hopeful I became. She is so important. Best three point shooter. And best foul shooter in the league for 2 season. Want to have it in the hands of someone when you have the lead to knock them down.
blungld
MoragaBear said:

Yeah, I doubt she'll play at St. Mary's and maybe a few minutes or not at all vs. UCSB. Hopefully some against UConn.
I think they should sit her until conference.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
Schroeder71
Fantastic news! Asha Thomas is perhaps the most clutch player on the team. One doesn't realize her importance until one contemplates playing without her presence. Hallelujah! GO BEARS!
HoopDreams
I was preparing myself to be really upset
Sounds like a sprain

Hold her out as long as we can
Let her recover well

We still have two PGs
Time for our bench to step up
MoragaBear
Staff
So much for sitting Asha till P12 play. She led all scorers in the first quarter of the SMC game so far today with 6.
HoopDreams
MoragaBear said:

So much for sitting Asha till P12 play. She led all scorers in the first quarter of the SMC game so far today with 6.

I did not see her original injury, just what was described and posted on boards, including what was said by coaches and players

From that it sounded like she had an ACL or MCL injury which is common in WBB

I expected the worse

The best case I assumed was a knee sprain that would have kept her out for weeks

Had had zero expectation she would play the majority of minutes in an OT game

wvitbear
Looking back, since she had a knee injury in high school and was out almost her entire senior year, I think she feared the worst which was understandable. She was scared to stand.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.