Kristine Anigwe should lead Cal to victory tomorrow...

5 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by stu
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After not playing for the Bears in the NCAA Tournament last season, I would imagine
senior Anigwe would be on a mission tomorrow to send the team on to a second game. Prior to
last year, Cal had usually survived the initial game and advanced.

In my women's bracket, I have all six Pac 12 teams capturing at least one game. C'mon, Bears,
live up to expectations and represent your conference! GO BEARS!
calbear80
Schroeder71 said:

After not playing for the Bears in the NCAA Tournament last season, I would imagine
senior Anigwe would be on a mission tomorrow to send the team on to a second game. Prior to
last year, Cal had usually survived the initial game and advanced.

In my women's bracket, I have all six Pac 12 teams capturing at least one game. C'mon, Bears,
live up to expectations and represent your conference! GO BEARS!

+1

Go Bears!
Schroeder71
Anigwe is being outplayed and outscored 11-2 by the 6-4 soph post, Bailey (#44). Cal opened with stage fright and looked unprepared to play as they quickly fell behind 15-4. In the second quarter the Bears dropped behind the Tar Heels by a dozen. Late in the quarter, Cal's guards began to score regularly and closed to w/in one point.
The halftime score is UNC 40, Cal 37. Once again Gottlieb's squad is a step slow on defense and has yielded forty points (> 50% shooting) at intermission.
https://goheels.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball
If KA shows up, Cal has a chance although the opponent, North Carolina, possesses much more speed & atheliticism. Gottlieb this is your final shot at winning a NCAA game for your scrapbook so get your charges fired up! GO BEARS!
wvitbear
Just back from lunch. I guess according to Schroder we lost by 20 points.
stu
Schroeder71 said:

North Carolina, possesses much more speed & atheliticism.
Looks like UNC burned it all up in the first half. Did you see the second?
Schroeder71
Cal "awoke" in the last twenty minutes and scored 55 point! The Bears hit 11 treys which is exactly the number that Colorado hit against UNC when they beat the Tarheels by a dozen. HC Gottiieb must have saved her best speech for last!

Cal will have to use the three-point "bombs away" offense to have any chance of upsetting #1 team in the nation, Baylor. Their two posts are 6-7 & 6-5 so Anigwe will have a difficult time scoring. Hopefully she can pull down another 22 rebounds. GO BEARS!
wvitbear
I think the key will be Brown. Earlier this season, I saw Baylor having trouble when an opposing four came out and shot the three well. One of their bigs had to defend her and they didn't do well. They don't like to stray to far from the basket.
SFCALBear72
Schroeder71 said:

Anigwe is being outplayed and outscored 11-2 by the 6-4 soph post, Bailey (#44). Cal opened with stage fright and looked unprepared to play as they quickly fell behind 15-4. In the second quarter the Bears dropped behind the Tar Heels by a dozen. Late in the quarter, Cal's guards began to score regularly and closed to w/in one point.
The halftime score is UNC 40, Cal 37. Once again Gottlieb's squad is a step slow on defense and has yielded forty points (> 50% shooting) at intermission.
https://goheels.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball
If KA shows up, Cal has a chance although the opponent, North Carolina, possesses much more speed & atheliticism. Gottlieb this is your final shot at winning a NCAA game for your scrapbook so get your charges fired up! GO BEARS!
Scrapbook?? Your snide commentary will be sorely missed (not really) when you take your "analysis" to the Cardinal board next season to follow Haley Jones. Hope you encourage Coach Vanderveer to add to her scrapbook too.
stu
Imagine how tough Kristine will be when she adds the dribble drive to her already impressive skill set.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.