Ashley Walker

3 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by calbear80
BearPedz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Made an impressive debut with the Sparks! Read below:
https://www.swishappeal.com/wnba/2019/5/12/18616552/wnba-preseason-7-things-learned-phoenix-mercury-los-angeles-sparks-candace-parker-sophie-cunningham

Fingers crossed for her!
Go bears!!
BearBint
This should be the week (not sure how long it lasts) that the W starts announcing who's cut/waived and who stays. I think Ashley has a chance; have my doubts about Talia C. I'd love to see Recee C. and Reshanda kept on, but there's a lot of talent out there and not enough places.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
willtalk
Ashley's shot at making it with the Sparks is very slim. They are loaded at the forward position and most of them are All Stars or have guaranteed contracts. Her best shot is to leverage her good showing with the Sparks in order to get picked up by another team when she is cut. This is just another example why it is so difficult to make a squad. It is not always dependent on how well you do in camp. Being in the right place at the right time is probably more important. There are plenty of players who get cut who are better than many who make a roster. There are many players on rosters who those who follow the league just can not comprehend how they are still being carried by some team.
puget sound cal fan
Principally an inside player at Cal, she was the Bear WBB leading rebounder, Ashley had to develop more SF skill set in the pros at 5'2". Several successful pro campaigns abroad, Walker has probably developed her ability to score and defend on the perimeter. Those skills and her play in the pre season will determine whether she'll stick in the WNBA this time.
calbear80
puget sound cal fan said:

Principally an inside player at Cal, she was the Bear WBB leading rebounder, Ashley had to develop more SF skill set in the pros at 5'2". Several successful pro campaigns abroad, Walker has probably developed her ability to score and defend on the perimeter. Those skills and her play in the pre season will determine whether she'll stick in the WNBA this time.

5'2"?? Is that a typo? That does not seem right from the time I remember her playing at Cal.

Go Bears!
puget sound cal fan
Right. 6'2".
calbear80
puget sound cal fan said:

Right. 6'2".

Yes, that is more like it. Thanks.

Go Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.