Fields decommits?

3,870 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by puget sound cal fan
Ccajon2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here we go again. I got this from another board, hope someone can confirm its not true, hence the ?
wbbilluminati
I saw on Twitter that she is indeed reopening her recruitment and exploring options. Not a huge surprise and I think she is ranked the lowest of the 3 guards we have coming in. She committed to Cal pretty early so she might not have many substantial relationships with other programs and coaches so if our new hire goes smoothly and relatively quickly, they should have a good chance at retaining Fields.
HoopDreams

SFCALBear72
For those who don't know, Ra Russell is Alaysia Styles' mother.
calbear80
HoopDreams said:

Great to see this. Alaysia Styles is one of my favorite Cal WBB players.

Go Bears!
bearwbbfan
Fields to Oklahoma State.
SFCALBear72
bearwbbfan said:

Fields to Oklahoma State.
Coach Farrow said today at the press conference that all four coaches reached out to the Fields family this past weekend to discuss Lauren's return. The parents' response was that she was still exploring her options...and playing closer to home was one of them.

Now we know.
CalFanatic
Fields would have likely been behind Crocker and Green for Fr guards. Not great...but would be worse if we lost one of those two IMO.
puget sound cal fan
That's a relief! Styles is undoubtedly being counted upon to contribute scoring, and leadership, to the Bears this season. She'll be an important cog in Coach Smith's plans for a group of players she played an important role in recruiting to Berkeley. It's now her team. Go Bears!
puget sound cal fan
From her mother's tweet, clearly homesickness played a role in Field's decision. Good luck to her at Oklahoma State.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.