New 2019 commit: Leilani McIntosh

4,819 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by puget sound cal fan
bearwbbfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
5'6" PG from Xavier College Prep (Phoenix, AZ). Originally signed with Pepperdine, but was released following their coaching change.
Schroeder71
https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/leilani-mcintosh/njvHVY14EeW-8KA2nzwbTA/default.htm

Based upon her stats last season, Leilani evidently is a point guard. Her assists/g & steals/g appear solid but she only made 23% of her three point attempts and 54% of her free throws. She's a scorer, however, and did convert 57% of her field goal attempts overall. McIntosh averaged 14.9 ppg!

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/xavier-college-prep-gators-(phoenix,az)/girls-basketball/stats.htm

GO BEARS!
SFCALBear72
On June 25, 2019, Pepperdine WBB coach, Delisha Milton-Jones, stepped down as HC to become an assistant coach at Syracuse, according to Pepperdine WBB website.

Perhaps April Phillips' time at LMU came in handy with this player.
wbbilluminati
I believe Xavier Prep is Meghan McCain's HS alma mater ;-P

No idea if she'll make an impact or to what extent, but exciting to see that things are changing in general regardless! I know there are mixed philosophies on roster sizes, but personally I hope this is a sign that we'll be keep more depth and "utility players" during this new era of Cal WBB
wbbilluminati
Some video of McIntosh:

Not bad! Has some skills and flair
GATC
wbbilluminati said:

Some video of McIntosh:

Not bad! Has some skills and flair
Seems like a high energy, high confidence player. Reminds me a little of Aari.
Lone Star
I've seen her play. Great pick up for Cal. Good PG, don't know about her range from deep but, a true PG in terms of ball handling and distribution.
BearBint
A genuine P.G.? Good news! Thanks, bearwbbfan.

ClayK
Anyone know what club team she plays for?

Xavier Prep did well in AZ but didn't play much tough competition -- and wasn't in the Nike TOC, which is close by. Small guards who can't shoot (and originally sign in the WCC) are generally not difference-makers in the Pac-12, but you never know ...

Schroeder71
https://calbears.com/news/2019/7/3/womens-basketball-golden-bears-add-mcintosh-to-roster.aspx

West Coast Premier-she played with fellow PG Cailyn Crocker.

HoopDreams
I like her floater/teardrop. Pretty essential for a small guard who drives

Nice handle and good passer from what I can tell

Clearly always wants to attack the basket going downhill. I didn't see any finesse moves (besides a behind the back which she did at full throttle or hesitation moves.

Shot did not look pure, but not a lot of video on her shooting. There was one highlight that shows he wide open on the wing for a 3. The defender did an emergency close out and she did the right thing which was drive by her, but a shooter would have taken it

Good to have her on board
Fyght4Cal
Love her pass-first attitude. That, and her dribble penetration makes her dangerous in the paint. Now we need to find some bigs who can finish to complement her.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
puget sound cal fan
Any word on how Charmin & Co are doing in pursuit of bigs?
Fyght4Cal
I haven't heard anything yet. But it looks like they are digging.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
GOLDEN
puget sound cal fan said:

There was an exceptionally tall one, 6ft-7in in the transfer portal but I don't recall here name.
SFCALBear72
GOLDEN said:

puget sound cal fan said:

There was an exceptionally tall one, 6ft-7in in the transfer portal but I don't recall here name.
I believe you are referring to Sedona Prince from the University of Texas. Raoul on Twitter has indicated that she's only considering UConn, Notre Dame and Oregon.
ClayK
The work is all happening right now, as the viewing period is on and all the elite players (except those on the USA teams) will be in action in major events.

Good luck to Charmin and company, as they're battling with a horde of coaches who are either a) babysitting the recruits they hope they have, b) trying to change some minds ("steal a commit" might be a little harsh) or c) hoping to find a gem that somehow has remained undiscovered up to this point.

Go get 'em ...
puget sound cal fan
Leilani appears to be a skilled, all-around. guard, who can score, lead and finish on the break, as well as jump passes in the lane and be a big-time pest on defense. I also like that she could be part-Poly. With Smith's departure, and possibly other guards also leaving, Charmin has to restock the position. Leilani looks like she'll be a contributor.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.