5 star 6-4 F Dalayah Daniels has Cal a finalist

5,867 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by puget sound cal fan
bearwbbfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oregon State, Cal, Stanford, Princeton, Duke, and UCLA.
Schroeder71
I must give kudos for the increased recruiting efforts being put forth by the "new" staff. I believe that they're finalists for four frontline 2020 recruits all ranked highly as 4 or 5 star talent. This website had negligible activity under Gottlieb and now it's a busy place. Impressive efforts!

bottomline: commitments NEED to be secured for the future of Cal's program. Both centers will be graduating and these players have the legit opportunity to come right in and see PT as freshmen. I'll keep my fingers crossed to land at least two... It could create excitement again for Bear's women's basketball. Any foreign players being recruited? GO BEARS!
puget sound cal fan
Daniels is from Washington State, as is Jenkins, the 6';4" F-C Bear recruit from Kentridge HS. Interesting, particularly, since UW does not appear to be in the picture for either player.
bearwbbfan
UW is among Jenkins finalist, and she is a 6-2 PF, not 6-4. The two are actually very good friends. Both play for Tree of Hope, the EYBL team in WA.
wbbilluminati
yes Jenkins strikes me as a slightly undersized but strong banger type in the Kristen Simon mold.

UConn missing from her list might surprise some. They also have lots of PT for posts to offer and I think they liked her a lot even more than some options ranked higher than her.
wbbilluminati
Elsewhere, a big ranked #91 by PN from Pac-12 territory committed to UNC, 6'3" stretch 4 Alexandera Zelaya from Arizona. Sounds like the Pac-12's didn't go hard after her.
SFCALBear72
wbbilluminati said:

Elsewhere, a big ranked #91 by PN from Pac-12 territory committed to UNC, 6'3" stretch 4 Alexandera Zelaya from Arizona. Sounds like the Pac-12's didn't go hard after her.
To be fair, she was quoted on Raoul's wbbblog as saying UNC was always her "dream school". She was also a Princeton commit who made the switch when that staff was hired at UNC.

However, you may be right that she was overlooked by the PAC-12 and the Arizona schools in particular.
bearwbbfan
Daniels is on campus this weekend.
Intuit
A Big test of the Cal program's recruiting chops. Go Bears!
Harborview
puget sound cal fan
Land her, Charmin!
Schroeder71
This weekend is very important for Cal's 2020 recruit class. The Bears need to secure 2-3 legit post players to be a competitive bball program next season. I'll keep my fingers crossed! GO BEARS!
bobbk
Also on campus are Samb and Genesis Bryant
Intuit
An amazingly talented and physically equipped group of 2020 recruits in Berkeley this weekend.

Sign these three and the California Women's Basketball program will have dramatically moved toward restoring Cal's stature in the competitive Pac-12 and West Coast.
Harborview
rollonyoubears
How did the prospects enjoy the weekend? Not sure if they stayed up to watch the UDub game, or if they even care about the football team, but here's to hoping the visits went well?

GO BEARS!
Schroeder71
Any positive feedback from the trio of quality recruits that visited over the weekend? This is not a good omen.
GO BEARS!
SFCALBear72
Schroeder71 said:

Any positive feedback from the trio of quality recruits that visited over the weekend? This is not a good omen.
GO BEARS!
Good grief. It's only Monday. The sky is not falling.

These young women live out-of-state. Give them a chance to assess their visit and discuss with family members.
Schroeder71
For the football recruits, verbals sometimes come late Sunday or early in the week. Sorry if I'm impatient, SFCB72.
willtalk
Being able to get their share of highly ranked recruits will not be the only factor in returning Cal to relevance. Probably more important will be the ability to recognize and offer players who are underrated but have a lot of upside. The last two coaching staffs were not very good in that respect. The fact that Cal is not getting those top recruits anymore makes the latter much more important. At least for a few years.
annarborbear
The good players will likely take all of their visits before committing. But this is the year that we could really use an early commitment from one of them. Establish credibility for the new head coach, and then have that early commit help to recruit others.
bobbk
Lone Star
Schroeder71 said:

I must give kudos for the increased recruiting efforts being put forth by the "new" staff. I believe that they're finalists for four frontline 2020 recruits all ranked highly as 4 or 5 star talent. This website had negligible activity under Gottlieb and now it's a busy place. Impressive efforts!

bottomline: commitments NEED to be secured for the future of Cal's program. Both centers will be graduating and these players have the legit opportunity to come right in and see PT as freshmen. I'll keep my fingers crossed to land at least two... It could create excitement again for Bear's women's basketball. Any foreign players being recruited? GO BEARS!
No knock on LG but Charmin probably has a lot more "street cred" as a HC when you go into a recruits house. Played college ball at Stanford, played in the WNBA. I would think that those would be some useful tools to bring out when you are recruiting kids.
Schroeder71
engineering degrees from Stanford, too!
puget sound cal fan
Agree with this take on "creds", but LG led the Bears to the Final 4 as the HC.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.