ESPN+

2,172 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by willtalk
annarborbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Cal-Harvard game is going to be on ESPN+, an on-line streaming service. ESPN+ used to have a seven-day free trial, but that apparently is no longer the case. You can get the service for $5 per month and can cancel at any time. So the price of watching this game will be basically $5.

If anyone has any better information on how to see this game, let us know.
Calfans
The link to the game on Calbears.com is https://www.espn.com/watch/

I'm hoping we won't need espn+
Cal-i-for-nia. (Clap, Clap)(Clap, Clap, Clap)

annarborbear
Calfans said:

The link to the game on Calbears.com is https://www.espn.com/watch/

I'm hoping we won't need espn+
I just tried clicking on a few ESPN+ replays at that link, and it asked me to sign up for a subscription at $4.99 per month. Have to see how it works for the game on Friday. But I think they are going to be asking us to pay.
dmandel
It seems you might be able to access it online with a Comcast account through the ESPN site. Does anyone know?
WayneBear
The WBB website has never been completely reliable re: broadcast details, so as usual we have to do our own research.

For the Harvard game (Friday 11/8 4:00pm PST), there appear to be two options:

1. Subscribe to ESPN+ for $4.99 for one month. Ivy League regular season WBB home games have been on ESPN+ since last season, so it is not available via the regular Watch ESPN service - you need the separate ESPN+ subscription.

2. If you are outside the U.S. or have a VPN and go thru an international server, you can purchase this one game only for $2.99. Go to this schedule. If you move your mouse pointer over the watch icon for the Cal game from a U.S. location, you will see a popup message saying "Streaming for this event has been restricted for your location." But from an international location, you will get the option of purchasing this single game. (Personally I would just get ESPN+ since you get access to a lot of other junk for just a couple of dollars more and can cancel after a month of watching your fill of 30 for 30 or UFC or whatever.)

For the UConn game (Sunday 11/10 10:00am PST), the Cal and UConn websites indicate that you can watch only thru SNY (the regional SportsNet New York network). But if you go to the Watch ESPN schedule and look at the upcoming schedule for 11/10, it will also be available on ESPN3. Assuming the schedule is accurate and you already have ESPN, you should be able to watch this game for free after signing in with your cable/satellite/streaming ID.
annarborbear
I went ahead and got a one-month subscription to ESPN Plus. You used to get a simultaneous subscription to ESPN the Magazine, but that publication is now defunct. I did find that I had access to a number of interesting additional articles on the ESPN site under the ESPN Plus heading, mostly for the NFL, NBA, college football and men's college basketball.

The videos on the site are pretty eclectic, covering lots of games in various sports. They seem to have some kind of deal with the Big 12, and you can watch a lot of that if you want, including Baylor women's basketball.

Did not see a link for this particular site to be available for Bay Area Comcast subscribers, but I may have missed it.

IssyBear
dmandel said:

It seems you might be able to access it online with a Comcast account through the ESPN site. Does anyone know?
I have Xfinity and get ESPN.com/watch free. I've seen a few Cal games, especially replays on this site.
IssyBear
IssyBear said:

dmandel said:

I have Xfinity and get ESPN.com/watch free. I've seen a few Cal games, especially replays on this site.
Just checked. It's not free anymore.
willtalk
I was able to log in and am watching game through my Sling account.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.