Impressive road upset pulled off by Arizona over #22 Texas by 25 points!

1,639 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by stu
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://arizonawildcats.com/boxscore.aspx?id=19069&path=wbball

Texas has been a top 25 (sometimes top 10) team with great athletes over the last decade. For the Wildcats to defeat the Longhorns in Austin by 25 points is stunning! Aari McDonald was unstoppable with 44 points...I expect UofA to enter the top 25 shortly as the Pac 12's fifth team. ASU dropped out of the rankings after getting dumped by 20 points at Minnesota.

It looks as if several conference teams are attempting to find themselves early in 2019...
GO BEARS!
willtalk
Anyone who followed WCBB knew that Texas was vastly overrated by pollsters last season and especially this season. Pollsters are usually the last ones to get a clue. They also had ND rated #15 even though they not only lost their entire starting line up but also of the key leftover players to injury. Arizona, on the other hand, was vastly underrated and should have had the poll position that was taken by Arizona St.
wbbilluminati
Aari McDonald looked spectacular. Tons of lateral quickness and also a GREAT outside shooting performance. Looks like she could be unguardable this year. I'd love to see her against Texas A&M's Chennedy Carter, the "'it' scoring guard" in the country according to the WCBB pundits.

McDonald committed relatively early (to UW) but I still think she was probably slept on by Gottlieb who was going all or nothing for Ionescu at the time, as well as other Pac-12 coaches. she may have been one of those kids who did not play EYBL AAU, iirc.
annarborbear
I wonder how we will try to defend McDonald this year. Can anyone defend McDonald?
GATC
annarborbear said:

I wonder how we will try to defend McDonald this year. Can anyone defend McDonald?

A healthy Clayton would be nice. We play them in March so there is time. Seems like McIntosh is pretty quick and may do ok. Glad we play Arizona and ASU only once.
GoBears635
GATC said:

annarborbear said:

A healthy Clayton would be nice. We play them in March so there is time. Seems like McIntosh is pretty quick and may do ok. Glad we play Arizona and ASU only once.
Cayton.
calbearinamaze
willtalk said:

Anyone who followed WCBB knew that Texas was vastly overrated by pollsters last season and especially this season. Pollsters are usually the last ones to get a clue. They also had ND rated #15 even though they not only lost their entire starting line up but also of the key leftover players to injury. Arizona, on the other hand, was vastly underrated and should have had the poll position that was taken by Arizona St.
+1000
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
GATC
GoBears635 said:

GATC said:

annarborbear said:

Cayton.
Thank you. My favorite player too.
wvitbear
The problem is people are remembering her from two years ago. After two know operations she may not be that same player. Bring back Eliza Pierre.
stu
wvitbear said:

The problem is people are remembering her from two years ago. After two know operations she may not be that same player. Bring back Eliza Pierre.
Leilani McIntosh just might be Eliza Pierre with a shot.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.