Dalayah Daniels

2,857 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by wbbilluminati
ClayK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very impressive against La Jolla Country Day ...

She's a legit 6-4, and more a four than a five -- and could conceivably play the three. Very skilled, can get to the rim from the perimeter. Couldn't tell if she can shoot the three, but she's the real deal.
wvitbear
Thanks Clay. Is this at the Nike Tournament?
CalFanatic
Her highlight reel reads like a taller, stronger Courtney Range. What a get for us.
Schroeder71
I cannot find good links to the Nike TOC in Phoenix this year. Archbishop Mitty (6-0) just upset #3 ranked Centenniel HS-Las Vegas, 71-70, in overtime. Centenniel tied the game with a three at the end of regulation.

https://www.maxpreps.com/games/12-19-2019/girls-basketball-winter-19-20/archbishop-mitty-vs-centennial.htm?c=t5OUTlZrOEuMwarGQJkNLg#tab=scoretrkr&schoolid=0f63870a-34f3-4d5b-9dbf-653c8410f969

Marley Langi (6-0 JR SF) does not average double-digit points over the initial half dozen games. Four other Monarch players do seem to average double figures. AM does not keep stats this year on Max Preps for some reason. Olivia Williams (6-0 JR C), Katie Springs(6-0 JR PF) & Sydney Bourland (5-9 JR SG) are three other juniors that consistently score along w/ senior PG Ashley Hiraki. Their top returner, junior SG Hunter Hernandez, is out indefinitely with a torn ACL.

If someone can find the bracket links for the NIke TOC please provide...Thank you.
GO BEARS!
wvitbear
Did you post on Nor Cal Prep?
Schroeder71
wvitbear-thankyou for the idea because I had not checked out that site in a long time. I did find lots of info but no links to the tournament brackets. LJCD and Mitty advance to the semis in the Joe Smith division. LB Poly is a quarterfinal game now and Sierra Canyon is in the other. The state of CA is faring well this year. GO BEARS!
wvitbear
There is always someone on the forum who knows the answer.
Schroeder71
https://basketball.exposureevents.com/141636/2019-nike-tournament-of-champions/schedule

Mitty will get hammered by #1 La Jolla Country Day in the semi-final tomorrow. Riverdale Baptist (MD) defeated Long Beach Poly and will face Sierra Canyon. I was hoping that Archbishop Mitty would match-up vs Sierra Canyon. Both teams won two tight games.
ClayK
I will be very surprised if LJCD hammers Mitty, and I will be surprised if LJCD wins. They have two players Tehina Pao Pao and a 6-3 frosh center, while Mitty goes 10 deep. The Mitty win over Centennial was probably the championship game.

As for Daniels, she was hurt yesterday and Garfield lost (she's all they have, at this level). No word on the injury ...
puget sound cal fan
That's concerning.
ClayK
Daniels hurt her ankle, and will be out for a few weeks.
wvitbear
Puget, have you seen her play?
puget sound cal fan
I haven't seen her play yet, but I hope to get to one this season.
wbbilluminati
ClayK said:

Very impressive against La Jolla Country Day ...

She's a legit 6-4, and more a four than a five -- and could conceivably play the three. Very skilled, can get to the rim from the perimeter. Couldn't tell if she can shoot the three, but she's the real deal.
That's really exciting coming from Clay.

She kind of reminded me of Aja Wilson in video! Wilson probably would have been described the exact same way at that age, "more 4 than 5, conceivably could play 3."

Could be the face of our program for the next 4 years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.