Excessive "irrelevant noise" at Haas

1,364 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearBint
BearBint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
(Note that I owe Stu for the fine phrase "irrelevant noise." Stu is one of various people I'd like to chat with at half-time, because he knows so much more about basketball than I do, except that we have to scream in each other's ears.)

I just sent a polite but pointed e-mail to Josh Hummel (Senior Associate Athletics Director, Facilities, Events & Capital Projects, I'll have you know) and three other facilities management types, in which I complain about the damned noise in Haas. I included the fact that my husband wears hearing aids, which he has to remove at Haas; even then, it's too loud. The loudest noise in Haas should be our vocal support for WBB.

I encourage others to write:

johummel@berkeley.edu

cc:

casey.cox@berkeley.edu

jesile@berkeley.edu

scouch@berkeley.edu

"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
stu
Thanks! I should mention that "irrelevant" was not the first adjective that came to mind, but using terms which more accurately describe my feelings could get me banned from BI.
BearBint
stu said:

Thanks! I should mention that "irrelevant" was not the first adjective that came to mind, but using terms which more accurately describe my feelings could get me banned from BI.
Can't be worse than the adjectives expressed by some of us. And "fin" is a perfectly genteel expression.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.