WNBA draft and our Bears

1,395 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ClayK
3Cats4CAL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I acknowledge Inonescu is one of the greatest recent players coming out of college and will be the #1 draft pick for the New York Liberty. I have a grudge even though it was her right to not go to Cal which would have changed our history dramatically. However as two of our former Bears guards Clarendon and Boyd are both currently on the Liberty roster- I hope that Ionescu doesn't bump either of them off the team. Hope there are lesser guards on that team that are more expendable. That would double the animosity I have against her. Go Bears
BearBint
Well, 3Cats4CAL, that is an awful, biased comment. But I share your opinion just the same.
Schroeder71
Based upon my memory, Clarendon is more of a shooting guard while Boyd is a pure point guard. Ionescu will play PG (I would think) so the competition for PT minutes there likely will be between Brittany & Sabrina.
GO BEARS!
Ashfield63
3Cats4CAL said:

I acknowledge Inonescu is one of the greatest recent players coming out of college and will be the #1 draft pick for the New York Liberty. I have a grudge even though it was her right to not go to Cal which would have changed our history dramatically. However as two of our former Bears guards Clarendon and Boyd are both currently on the Liberty roster- I hope that Ionescu doesn't bump either of them off the team. Hope there are lesser guards on that team that are more expendable. That would double the animosity I have against her. Go Bears
I share your animosity......I am not usually jealous or envious. I was a SMC WBB fan during the Kelly Graves era. We lived in Moraga and my son attended Campolindo H.S. with the Morris sisters.He has recruited well starting with St. Mary's then Gonzaga. He is a winning coach. He has always been pretty arrogant, and after SI broke every record possible last Monday at Stanford, he had the nerve to say she played with the flu. Graves applied for the Cal HC position, but Caren Hortzmeyer was chosen.They were rivals in the WCC. I wasn't pleased with the Oregon game last Fri.at Haas. One person said it was like a home game for Oregon. First, the Sabrina show against the struggling Bears, then after the game where Oregon fans and the team would not leave the north end of the floor. Cal fans and players had left after the Silent Auction activities.There was mention of people asking for autographs, and waiting for Sabrina to come back on the court. When I left, the Security was being polite trying to get them to exit with not much success.The Kobe Bryant accident was horrible for sure. Sabrina stated she texts Kobe everyday.....What....I am not into Idoltry. The Stanford game was televised on ESPN. Her intensity and aggressiveness were not becoming. She already has celebrity staus, and. It seems to me Oregon feels entitled to this National Championship.
GGV
GoBears635
Hopefully South Carolina or Baylor will have something to say about that. I usually root for the Pac-12, but this year, it's ABO - Anybody But Oregon.
ClayK
Brittany Boyd's run in NYC is likely over. Clarendon will definitely make the team as they signed her as a free agent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.