@ ASU

1,889 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Schroeder71
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tough first half: Cal 1 for 7 on threes, ASU 5 for 7. Both teams have too many turnovers but ASU has 12 assists on 14 baskets.

I await halftime adjustments.
IssyBear
Very rough game. The refs are letting them play. Hope no one gets hurt. Biggest problem was that the bears could not hold on to the ball. They were out of control too often. 14 turnovers at half.
annarborbear
ASU really bodies up on people against a low ball movement offense. Unfortunately, that is us tonight.
ncbears
Watched first half. Just tuned back in near end of third. Sigh.
stu
We've improved both our turnovers and shooting but our defense isn't getting it done.
BearBint
The situation is not helped by commentators who talk about players being "so epicly awesome." At least they're not mean homers.
stu
Somehow the same "epicly awesome" players managed to lose by 31 points at Oregon. I like my mute button.
annarborbear
They are not epicly awesome. But they did beat Oregon at home back in January. It is a system that generally works year-after-year without any future WNBA players. Tough to watch, but effective.
HoopDreams
I think CJ is playing hurt. She is not the player we saw mid-season. My guess is she is gutting it out, playing at 80% because we need her.

Without a strong CJ we are limited offensively as the defense can focus on Brown and others.

The biggest thing we need to improve on however is our defense.

BearBint
HoopDreams said:

I think CJ is playing hurt. She is not the player we saw mid-season. My guess is she is gutting it out, playing at 80% because we need her.

Without a strong CJ we are limited offensively as the defense can focus on Brown and others.

It's certainly one reason that comes to mind, considering how well Cal was playing other strong teams in the non-conference season.
stu
BearBint said:

HoopDreams said:

It's certainly one reason that comes to mind, considering how well Cal was playing other strong teams in the non-conference season.
I agree that makes sense. At least next year we'll have much more depth at post. So much I'm wondering if Alaysia or Evelien might see some minutes at SF.
Schroeder71
I watched the first half only so far. Jaelyn Brown was out-of-control, commiting 5 turnovers and scoring a single basket.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.