Congrats To Cal WBB For Beating #24 ASU I n the Pac-12 Tournament This Afternoon

2,069 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by puget sound cal fan
calbear80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congrats for the 71-67 victory by #12 seed Cal WBB over #5 seed and nationally 24th ranked ASU this afternoon in the first round of the Pac-12 Tournaments. Congrats again to:
. Cal WBB
. Coach Charmin Smith
. All the Cal WBB Seniors
. HecK, all the Cal WBB players
Please add to the list.

Go Bears!

P.S. For those of us who express our displeasure at losses, it is only fair to congratulate the team and coaches on wins.
HoopDreams
Didn't see the game but this team has showed their potential, and coach is showing she can keep the team motivated, develop the players and coach x and o in close games

Future is bright
puget sound cal fan
What's encouraging is the visible development of players and the team, over the course of the season. Charmin and crew showed progress as well. The team appears to be peaking at season's end in tournament time, too. The team has experienced success and built dome confidence that should help in the post season. I'm also anxious to see how next year's freshmen will help elevate the team.
Ashfield63
Watching the replay of the Arizona game from Fri. Arizona has three seniors, who are transfers from Penn St. Iowa St. and Purdue. These players are in their 5th year of eligibility. The two Juniors are transfers from Oklahoma, and Ari McDonald transferred from Washington. They are in their 4th year playing for D1 schools. My point is Arizona is a very experienced team. This is a tough game for Cal having won yesterday winning the Arizona St. game. Kate Reece is scoring like crazy. She is a true Sophomore. Our freshmen are relentless! Jaelyn Brown has played so well, and scored many points these last 3 games. I read somewhere she has been invited to a Combine. Getting drafted by the WNBA is a far stretch, but I think playing abroad will be a reality for her. Cal down 18 at the end of the 3rd quarter. They play a good 4th quarter, and get the lead down to 10 points before Arizona makes a game ending 3 pointer as Cal loses by 13. Since last Fri. Cal has played 4 games against the Arizona Schools. They won 2 out of 4 games against ranked teams. Would love to see Cal get a WNIT invitation. I doubt it. They just do not give up!
GGV
Ashfield63
To add: L. McIntosh has been the unsung hero for Cal as said by the announcers a day or two ago. The Arizona guards are so physical. Glad to see an Intentional Foul called as McIntosh was pushed and elbowed. She was going to Pepperdine until Cal signed her in July. During the Open Practice so long ago, Charmin said, "I don't know where would be without her." She has come into her own as a PG playing in the Pac-12. She has played against excellent opponents all seasons. She is little, but strong as she ties up the ball, and has so many steals.
GGV
HoopDreams
Ashfield63 said:

To add: L. McIntosh has been the unsung hero for Cal as said by the announcers a day or two ago. The Arizona guards are so physical. Glad to see an Intentional Foul called as McIntosh was pushed and elbowed. She was going to Pepperdine until Cal signed her in July. During the Open Practice so long ago, Charmin said, "I don't know where would be without her." She has come into her own as a PG playing in the Pac-12. She has played against excellent opponents all seasons. She is little, but strong as she ties up the ball, and has so many steals.
her and evelien are my fav player of the non-seniors
puget sound cal fan
..and both are freshmen playing key roles for the Bears, who'll be looked to fot l

...and both freshmen are playing key roles on this year's team. They'll be looked to for leadership next season.

eadership
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.