EDNA! (The team's

2,143 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by smh
BearBint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"in-house acronym," according to Charmin and Crocker. The latter said during the post-game presser: "EDNA...a word we say to each other, along with 'resiliency,' at halftime."

Now I'm going to wonder all evening what EDNA stands for--any guesses?
CalWSportsFan
Every Day New Adventure?

Just a guess...whatever it stands for, good stuff.
smh
BearBint said:

"in-house acronym," according to Charmin and Crocker. The latter said during the post-game presser: "EDNA...a word we say to each other, along with 'resiliency,' at halftime."

Now I'm going to wonder all evening what EDNA stands for--any guesses?

printing Incredible's edna quotes is tricky, going for quick imdb grabs..
  • Edna : I didn't know the baby's powers so I covered the basics.
    Helen : Jack-Jack doesn't have any powers.
    Edna : No? Well, he'll look fabulous anyway.

• Edna : This is a horrible suit, darling. You can't be seen in this. I won't allow it. Fifteen years ago, maybe, but now? Feh!
  • Bob : Wait, what do you mean? *You* designed it. Edna : I never look back, darling! It distracts from the now.

• Helen : [sobbing] Now I'm losing him! What'll I do? What'll I do?
    Edna : What are you talking about?
    Helen : [stops crying] Huh?
    Edna : [shouts] You are Elastigirl! My God...
    [swatting Helen with a newspaper]
    Edna : Pull-yourself-together! "What will you do?" Is this a question? You will show him you remember that he is Mr. Incredible, and you will remind him who *you* are. Well, you know where he is. Go, confront the problem. Fight! Win!
    [normal voice]
    Edna : And call me when you get back, darling. I enjoy our visits.

• Edna : [to Mr. Incredible] My God, you've gotten fat.

• Edna : It will be bold! Dramatic!
    Bob : Yeah!
    Edna : Heroic!
    Bob : Yeah. Something classic, like, like Dynaguy. Oh, he had a great look! Oh, the cape and the boots...
    Edna : [throws a wadded ball of paper at Bob's head] No capes!
    Bob : Isn't that my decision?
    Edna : Do you remember Thunderhead? Tall, storm powers? Nice man, good with kids.
    Bob : Listen, E...
    Edna : November 15th of '58! All was well, another day saved, when... his cape snagged on a missile fin!
    Bob : Thunderhead was not the brightest bulb...
    Edna : Stratogale! April 23rd, '57! Cape caught in a jet turbine!
    Bob : E, you can't generalize about these things...
    Edna : Metaman, express elevator! Dynaguy, snagged on takeoff! Splashdown, sucked into a vortex!
    [shouts]
    Edna : No capes!

• Edna : [on Jack-Jack's suit] I cut it a little roomy for the free movement, the fabric is comfortable for sensitive skin...
    [a sheet of flame erupts in front of the suit]
  • Edna : And it can also withstand a temperature of over 1000 degrees. Completely bulletproof... [four heavy machine guns appear and open fire on the suit, without effect] Edna : And machine washable, darling. That's a new feature.\ Bob : Weren't you in the news? Some show in, Prayge... Prague? Edna : Milan, darling. Milan. Supermodels. Heh! Nothing super about them... spoiled, stupid little stick figures with poofy lips who think only about themselves. Feh! I used to design for *gods*!Helen : E, it's great to see you, but I gotta tell you, I've got no idea what you're talking about. Edna : Yes, words are useless! Gobble-gobble-gobble-gobble-gobble! Too much of it, darling, too much! That is why I show you my work! That is why you are here!Edna : You need a new suit, that much is certain. Bob : A new suit? Well, where the heck am I gonna get a new suit? Edna : You can't! It's impossible! I'm far too busy, so ask me now before I can become sane. Bob : Wait? You want to make me a suit? Edna : You push too hard, darling! But I accept![after seeing Jack-Jack's superhero outfit] Helen : What on earth do you think the baby will be doing? Edna : Well, I am sure I don't know, darling. Luck favors the prepared.
  • [going through an identification process]
    Edna : Edna Mode...
    [laser guns point at Helen]
    Edna : ...and guest.
    [laser guns retract]

• Helen : [on the phone] I'd like to speak to Edna, please.
    Edna : This is Edna.
    Helen : E? This is Helen.
    Edna : Helen who?
    Helen : Helen Parr. You know...
    [sighs]
    Helen : [whispers] Elastigirl.
    Edna : [booming] DARLING! How are you, it's been such a long time...
    Helen : [nearly dropping the phone] Yes, yes, it's been a while. Listen, there's only one person who Bob would trust to patch a super suit, and that's you, E.
    Edna : Yes, yes, marvelous suit, darling, much better than those horrible pajamas he used to wear.
    Helen : Huh?
    Edna : They're all finished, when are you coming to see?
    Helen : Look, I'm calling about...
    Edna : Don't make me beg, darling, I won't do it, you know!
    Helen : [trying to talk over Edna] Beg? Uh, no, I'm, I'm calling about a suit, about, about Bob's suit. I'm calling about Bob's suit!
    Edna : You come in one hour darling, I insist, okay? Okay, bye-bye.
    [Helen is left holding the phone, looking puzzled]

• Edna : Men at Robert's age are often unstable... prone to weakness.
    Helen : What are you saying?
    Edna : Do you know where he is?
    Helen : Of course...
    Edna : Do you *know* where he is

• Bob : E, I just need a patch job. For... sentimental reasons.
    Edna : Fine. I will also fix the hobo suit.
    Bob : You're the best of the best, E
    Edna : [Walking up stairs] Yes, I know, dahling.

• Edna : Your boy's suit I designed to withstand enormous friction without heating up or wearing out, a useful feature. Your daughter's suit was tricky, but I finally created a sturdy material that can disappear completely as she does. Your suit can stretch as far as you can without injuring yourself, and still retain its shape. Virtually indestructible, yet it breathes like Egyptian cotton.

• Bob : You know I'm retired from hero work.
    Edna : As am I, Robert, yet here we are.

• Edna : [her guard won't let Mr. Incredible past the gate] Go check the electric fence or something!
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.