Long-distance/no-fan March Madness

2,021 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFCALBear72
BearBint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No in-person fans to cheer on their teams:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28885422/ncaa-says-tournament-go-fans
SFCALBear72
My brother (UCLA grad) and I have tickets for the WBB Final Four in New Orleans. Now, no spectators at the games allowed and no trip.
smh
SFCALBear72 said:

My brother (UCLA grad) and I have tickets for the WBB Final Four in New Orleans. Now, no spectators at the games allowed and no trip.
howsbout flight refund? asking for a friend.
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
gobears74
Those Oregon fans must be pissed as many were planning to go to New Orleans
I was at the Vegas Pac 12 tournament last week. There were over 6500 fans at the final game Sunday... maybe 50 Furd fans, 150 other Pac 12 fans, and the rest 6300 Oregon fans...felt like u were at a Knight Arena home game!
bobbk
Well more than 50. Stanford section was full How did you miss all the Oregon state fans. So I'd say 75% were Oregon fans
stu
No tournament.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/12/coronavirus-live-updates/#link-TTNH2IHQFNFMDBBVWOJHBX3AE4
polarbear
I know this decision had to be made but I feel so bad for all the athletes who had their dream stripped out from under them. Also for all the supporting people in all this who have lost their livelihood and were likely living day to day as it was.
willtalk
Especially Sabrina who came back purely to win a National Championship.
BearBint
No WNIT, either. For the moment we (presumably) have draft picks to anticipate next month; now I just hope the WNBA season is able to start in May.

I wonder if there's any chance ESPN will fill in the gaps by showing great NCAA finals, etc., from past years?
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
HoopDreams
Well we are certainly having March Madness, even without basketball
3Cats4CAL
Especially Sabrina who came back purely to win a National Championship. [/quote
Yes to take of unfinished business.
SFCALBear72
The McDonald's All-American games have also been canceled. Dalayah Daniels, an in-coming recruit, was named to the team but will not get a chance to play against high-caliber competition on a national stage.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.