Question of day?

2,221 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wvitbear
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If the season starts and they are allowing fans to attend the games, will you be there? If you never go to the games and live around here, don't answer. Am interested in people who already attend the games.
SFCALBear72
Yes. Renewed my season tickets. Should be enough space to practice social distancing.
wvitbear
There is a difference in renewing tickets and going to the game. I'm inclined to think I will. Isn't a big attendance so you could sit somewhere there were not a lot of people. Same with volleyball.
annarborbear
I will buy a ticket and make a donation. But I have some risk factors, so I'll wait to see what the CDC says at the time. Right now any major indoor gatherings are not recommended even with social distancing.
CalWSportsFan
I renewed my tickets and donated, but will likely give them away to friends (if they are allowed to attend). I'm not convinced fans will in the stands this season.
GATC
I will definitely go. I missed about 1/2 of the games last year for various reasons but this year I will try to be at most of the games.

Really love the team (they really hustle and love playing) and I enjoy sitting behind the coaches. The best part was watching Mike Neighbors come over to talk to our coaches before the game. In the beginning of that game Charmin pulled Styles after Louisville's best player scored on the first two possessions without much resistance. Charmin just exploded and told Schipholt to get in there and stop her. The team played with so much intensity after that and gave Louisville fits. Crocker was so poised at the end of the game - amazing for a freshman in an early game.

Can't wait to see the team.
wvitbear
I guess you answered my question Annharborbear without me asking you directly. Actually if fewer people go to the games even if they have a ticket, it might entice me more.
HoopDreams
I'm there
annarborbear
It is an older fan base, so there is some attrition each year even without the coronavirus. Need to come up with some younger attendees.
Ashfield63
The game GATC was talking about was Arkansas....Styles was crying after the game while leaving the floor. Evelien Schipholt had her arm around. It was a great game. The freshman improved throughout the season. Love watching them play. Earlier in the season Sara said Charmin was tough, but it was good. Charmin put Sara in the Arizona State game for a short while. Sara turned the ball over, then a couple of plays later travelled when she made a layup. She didn't come back into the game. Cailyn Crocker and Jaelyn Brown brought the team back. C.J. made both of her free throws which put the Bears four points ahead. The Bears hung in there and won! I was called the other day and paid for my tickets. The games are so much fun! I try not to miss a home game. If Haas is open to fans, there will be with Restrictions for sure. There is lots of room. I am looking forward to seeing this year's Freshman. Leilani Mcintosh posts some of her work-outs on twitter. Wow, she works so hard. Thisteam is special. Charmin has the respect of her players for sure......GO BEARS!
GGV
Finnish Oski
Under normal circumstances I plan to go to every game, often missing one or two as I did last season. This year it depends entirely on what health experts say. I will definitely renew my season tickets in any case.
"I'm just here so I won't get fined."
smh
IF games happen, whether on campus or another place, and theres good reason to suppose it's Safe to attend, aand we're not already sick or dead yet (who knows),,, we'll be there.

except for mon-fridays: full throated traffic, one way 2 or 3 hours from the southbay, just say no.
# go pacnet

to coaches and players, shooot, all the best in spite of stress levels turned up to 11.

calm breaths in... and out, in... and out ....
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
wvitbear
I would hope all games would be either televised or on the internet somehow.
OBear073akaSMFan
Just renewed my season ticket. Most WBB games have lots of space to move to areas not populated but since I usually prefer to take Bart to game that could cut down the number of games I would attend.
wvitbear
Just renewed my tickets. Rex
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.