Charmin Smith, Beyond The Lair

1,569 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFCALBear72
Ashfield63
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was pleased to see how Charmin was feeling these days re:Black Lives Matter. She has been outspoken, and open with her players. She said an older coach she knows told her to be careful because she could be fired due to being outspoken, and her activism. She has made many posts on CAL WBB twitter, and Facebook. She marched in L.A. with Reshanda Gray and another CAL WBB graduate. Also, there have been discussions with players on Chilling with Charmin episodes. In the beginning after the first police shooting, Charmin looked like she was in mourning. I too, said I hope Charmin isn't fired. She has been on panels, Pac-12 network, a TV station, etc. I don't know if Charmin was the first coach to articulate her feelings in postings, and to her players, while giving them a voice to express their feelings, and to speak as Afro American Student Athletes at CAL. There have been many statements and panels posted by coaches throughout the country as the movement continues. Mark Fox recently put out a statement supporting Black Lives Matter. Charmin is an outstanding human being, a wonderful and skilled coach, a perfect fit for the CAL WBB Program.
GGV
BearBint
Charmin attended at least one BLM demo in Oakland with Brittany Boyd several years ago. I'm sure she knows what she's doing.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
SFCALBear72
BearBint said:

Charmin attended at least one BLM demo in Oakland with Brittany Boyd several years ago. I'm sure she knows what she's doing.
She also marched in Oakland on June 1 from Oakland Tech to City Hall. I, too, marched. Coach Smith posted a video of the march on Instagram
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.