Naje Murray

2,959 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ashfield63
Ashfield63
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I read last week that Naje Murray was going to play for Texas Tech. The announcement stated she had played for San Diego State and CAL. I was surprised to see CAL listed because she was dismissed from the program right after her transfer was suppose to be complete. No information was released by CAL. Sheryl Swoopes was hired as an assistant coach at Texas Tech very recently. I was thinking, "Oh No" another Bobby Knight hire by Texas Tech. Sheryl Swoopes was fired after three season as the HC for Loyola, Chicago. I had read an article describing her abusive behavior towards the players. I watched a video of a player who had left the program. Her father was at her side, and said it was a terrible situation emotionally. Also, this player said their bodies were breaking down from the intense physical demands made on them. She is playing for the
University of ILL at Chicago. She and her father said it was the best decision for her to transfer. Coach Swoopes was only fired after 10 players were leaving the program at the same time. Today, I read an article in USA Today about the horrible situation at Texas Tech. The abuses are widespread including sexual harassment allegations involving a male on the staff. I think he was a trainer. You have to read the article to get the full picture. It is upsetting to know there are such horrible and abusive WBB programs. The HC hasn't been fired as yet. Her salary was over $700,000 a year. If she were to be fired, she would leave with 75% of her salary. I have read about other players who have been recruited by Texas Tech. Knowing Sheryl Swoopes was going to be one of the coaches, I was thinking, oh no, they don't know what they are getting into going playing for Texas Tech. This was before the abusive situation under the current HC was made public. My niece was in a similar situation at the University of New Hampshire from 1995-1997. My brother, who was a very successful high school girls basketball coach, met with the coach. My niece was enduring terrible emotional stress. The assistant coach who recruited her had left the program before the start of her first season. She transferred to a small college on a basketball scholarship. The HC left N.H. soon after she transferred. I don't know if she was fired. My niece just didn't have it in her to continue to play basketball. She left the program at some point, and fortunately did graduate. What is Martha Sharp thinking!
Ashfield63
Ashfield63 said:

I read last week that Naje Murray was going to play for Texas Tech. The announcement stated she had played for San Diego State and CAL. I was surprised to see CAL listed because she was dismissed from the program right after her transfer was suppose to be complete. No information was released by CAL. Sheryl Swoopes was hired as an assistant coach at Texas Tech very recently. I was thinking, "Oh No" another Bobby Knight hire by Texas Tech. Sheryl Swoopes was fired after three season as the HC for Loyola, Chicago. I had read an article describing her abusive behavior towards the players. I watched a video of a player who had left the program. Her father was at her side, and said it was a terrible situation emotionally. Also, this player said their bodies were breaking down from the intense physical demands made on them. She is playing for the
University of ILL at Chicago. She and her father said it was the best decision for her to transfer. Coach Swoopes was only fired after 10 players were leaving the program at the same time. Today, I read an article in USA Today about the horrible situation at Texas Tech. The abuses are widespread including sexual harassment allegations involving a male on the staff. I think he was a trainer. You have to read the article to get the full picture. It is upsetting to know there are such horrible and abusive WBB programs. The HC hasn't been fired as yet. Her salary was over $700,000 a year. If she were to be fired, she would leave with 75% of her salary. I have read about other players who have been recruited by Texas Tech. Knowing Sheryl Swoopes was going to be one of the coaches, I was thinking, oh no, they don't know what they are getting into going playing for Texas Tech. This was before the abusive situation under the current HC was made public. My niece was in a similar situation at the University of New Hampshire from 1995-1997. My brother, who was a very successful high school girls basketball coach, met with the coach. My niece was enduring terrible emotional stress. The assistant coach who recruited her had left the program before the start of her first season. She transferred to a small college on a basketball scholarship. The HC left N.H. soon after she transferred. I don't know if she was fired. My niece just didn't have it in her to continue to play basketball. She left the program at some point, and fortunately did graduate. What is Marsha Sharp thinking! There is the Marsha Sharp freeway in Lubbock,Texas.....

wbbilluminati
Maybe TT's rising sophomore Alexis Tucker will want to return to California and transfer to Cal?

Would love to see it
Ashfield63
wbbilluminati said:

Maybe TT's rising sophomore Alexis Tucker will want to return to California and transfer to Cal?

Would love to see it

Also, Marisa Davis-Jones, Arizona 2021, Wing.... has offers from Cal, Utah & Texas Tech......the more I read about the coach and the Texas Tech WBB program the abuses seem intolerable. They are not firing the coach. Since Davis-Jones is no longer going to Duke, CAL would be a great choice for her. She must be a good student, plus, Charmin, the coaches, and the WBB program is focused on the development of their Student/Athletes on and off the court. Texas Tech wants to return to their days of glory while not treating the players well. What parent would want their daughter to play for Texas Tech! Former player Talia Caldwell advocates for young women to play for Charmin Smith and the Bears!
SpartanBear20
Texas Tech has fired Marlene Stollings, nearly a day after the USA Today investigative story came out.
Ashfield63
This is good news....the players deserve better...she also hired abusive staff......
bobbk
Plus fired an assistant this morning
Ashfield63

Nikita Lowry Dawkins, the assistant coach fired, threatened to kill a player,and pulled another player's hair before she was fired by New Mexico State years ago. The conditioning coach, Ralph Petrella, was allowed to resign a few months ago after he was accused of sexual harassment and touching players inappropriately. I certainly hope the AD doesn't retain Sheryl Swoopes on staff. She was fired from Loyola, Chicago after being their HC for three years because of abusing players. The AD continued to support Stollings, and her staff after after complaints of abuse were reported to him. Maybe, he should be next to lose his job. Nothing was being done to support the players, it took the article in USA Today to bring the house down.
Intuit
Ashfield Can you explain why a recruit or transfer (Naje Murray) would commit to Texas Tech? Much of the coach's and assistants previous abusive behavior tendencies was in the public record?

It's dumbfounding that Stollings got the TT job after a review of her methods and the people she hired for her staff at her previous jobs.

https://www.startribune.com/marlene-stollings-ffired-at-texas-tech-former-minnesota-player-tweets-incidents-weren-t-just-isolated/572035032/

willtalk
Intuit said:

Ashfield Can you explain why a recruit or transfer (Naje Murray) would commit to Texas Tech? Much of the coach's and assistants previous abusive behavior tendencies was in the public record?

Perhaps she anticipated the firings. Or perhaps she felt that she would not be targeted for the abuse because she met their criteria as a player. They obviously had very high standards for being in shape that many players could not meet.

TT should have known long before they were hired what they were getting. I mean when you list Sparta as your place of birth. that should have been a red flag.
Ashfield63
In response to Intuit: Ashfield63.......Sometimes you can't tell who is responding yo your question....This is all so crazy, it keeps getting worse. These abusive people keep going round in round. It's Three Degrees of Separation with these disgusting coaches and staff members. To be fair to Naje Murray, the report just came out. The Y'All AD, Kirby Hocutt was given the report written by the investigative four person committee on July 1, 2020. He spoke to Stollings and staff. She said something like she developing an environment of discipline both on andoff the court. Hocutt, also met with the team. He made everything okay with the coach and the team. Really! He must not have revealed the findings in the report to his superior, a Dean or the President of TT. Surprise, the report was revealed by USA today a little over a month ago. Wow, what was this jerk to do? He fired Stollins and then Dawkins. He made nice to the players by saying, probably tweeting, I will have a meeting with Y'all tomorrow. The circumstances of Naje Murray's release from CAL WBB are unknown. Evidently, she and her family did not google Stollings or Dawkins. I guess TT made her feel wanted, and it's in the Big twelve. They play big programs like Baylor. I'll bet Mulkey isn't so sweet either. However, has anyone ever heard about such a destructive HC and WBB program. Sheryl Swoopes coaching tenure was bad enough.
Ashfield63
Intuit said:

It's dumbfounding that Stollings got the TT job after a review of her methods and the people she hired for her staff at her previous jobs.

https://www.startribune.com/marlene-stollings-ffired-at-texas-tech-former-minnesota-player-tweets-incidents-weren-t-just-isolated/572035032/

In my response to you below....I couldn't correct mistakes. I meant to say, Hocutt was given the report a month before the article in USA Today came out the other day.... I can't believe this guy...Malpractice!.....Ashfield63
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.